Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

those stupid tiny wifi antenna connectors

Jack H

Specs: Dell XPS 13 9370, i7-8550U, 16GB DDR3 (soldered), Killer Networking 1435 networking chip (soldered), 512GB PM981 NVME Samsung SSD, Windows 11 64-bit

I'm trying to replace the logic board on my XPS 13 because the old board was having issues, and the connectors directly on the networking chip were broken. One of the antenna connectors on the new wifi chip connected (after some fiddling), and this other one just refuses to connect, even after at least an hour of trying. Pictures of the connector on the chip itself and on the cable are attached.

Is something broken? I know these kinds of cables are notoriously difficult to connect, so if that's the issue, any suggestions? Anyone have ideas in general?

PSX_20220703_123220.jpg

PSX_20220703_123410.jpg

I'm not seeing anything broken just suspect you have a particularly difficult connector. I feel your pain having spent about 15 minutes on one whilst working on a Mac Mini today

I've never had an issue with them, they come off by lifting at an angle starting at the end with the wire attached and do the reverse to snap them back down, those are the least painful part of most repairs I do.

It looks like the connector on the board may be damaged, but hard to see. Around 11:00 position on the connector looks splayed open/laid over.

The connector ring on wifi card looks good, maybe you bent something on the cable side ring. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |