Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some random 4800 c20 32gb kit from v color

Just randomly browsing around on my local eshop app looking at high speed ddr4 and their prices since i have nothing better to do at 2 am and found this rather interesting kit

Screenshot_20220704_020849.thumb.jpg.530f9a39950be46a2152b471bace3373.jpg

 

Yea timings are god awful at 20-30-30-50 but thats to be expected if its just 1.55v

 

Is this just micron rev b or are there other 16gbit ics capable of this ludicrous speed? 8gbit already has multiple ics capable of stupid speeds (rev e/j, djr, b die) so would be interesting to know if there are 16gbit ics other than rev b capable of this speed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just randomly browsing around on my local eshop app looking at high speed ddr4 and their prices since i have nothing better to do at 2 am and found this rather interesting kit

Screenshot_20220704_020849.thumb.jpg.530f9a39950be46a2152b471bace3373.jpg

 

Yea timings are god awful at 20-30-30-50 but thats to be expected if its just 1.55v

 

Is this just micron rev b or are there other 16gbit ics capable of this ludicrous speed? 8gbit already has multiple ics capable of stupid speeds (rev e/j, djr, b die) so would be interesting to know if there are 16gbit ics other than rev b capable of this speed

Worse than useless for AMD rigs, but not intel.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Worse than useless for AMD rigs, but not intel.

Not useless for apus, clock em high enough and the fclk penalty wont be too bad especially for pathetic <1900fclk cpus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of their kits are SK Hynix, this one DJR.

 

That's how SK clocks up. Loose and at lower voltages usually. 

 

You could tweak em'

 

Spoiler

I am not ShrimpBrime. ok yes I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

Most of their kits are SK Hynix, this one DJR.

 

That's how SK clocks up. Loose and at lower voltages usually. 

 

You could tweak em'

Dual rank djr or do they have a 16gbit djr? All ive heard for 16gbit is just mjr

 

If it can clock this high maybe itll be equivalent to 8gbit djr and be able to do ludicrous 5200+ 1.7v+, pretty needless since dual rank will be able to match it and i dont think even with a beastly apu imc 5000+ djr in 4x8 is possible 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Dual rank djr or do they have a 16gbit djr? All ive heard for 16gbit is just mjr

 

If it can clock this high maybe itll be equivalent to 8gbit djr and be able to do ludicrous 5200+ 1.7v+, pretty needless since dual rank will be able to match it and i dont think even with a beastly apu imc 5000+ djr in 4x8 is possible 😞

Pretty sure it's DJR. But, I'd have to dig to really look it up.....

 

A-Die 

https://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/hynix/ddr4-sdram-so-dimm-based-4gb-a-die/34497-773767.html

 

C-Die (CJR)

http://www.hytic.net/upload/files/2019/10/SK Hynix -H5AN8G4NCJR.pdf

 

M-Die (MJR)

https://www.datasheets.com/en/part-details/h5an8g8nmfr-tfc-sk-hynix-inc-63766156

 

D-Die (DJR)

https://memory.net.ua/media/info//Hynix/HMA82GR7DJR8N-VKTF_datasheet_EN.pdf

 

Here's Hynix B-Die (DDR3) 

https://www.compuram.biz/documents/datasheet/ds_2Gb_DDR3(B-ver)based_RDIMMs(Rev.1.3).pdf

 

Maybe this can help some too.

 

SkyLake Intel DIMM list. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/platform-memory/ddr4-rdimm-xeon-scalable-memory-validation-results.pdf

 

But yeah, I'd think they are D-Dies, they seem to clock like that, C-Die is pretty similar. 

 

None of this is Samsung B-Die, but a lot of it IS frequency capable. It's just most people don't buy all the top end hardware to do it. It's a moot point when most people that will come to this forum will be running DDR4 at 3200mt/s to 3600mt/s on average. 

 

Either way, the only way to really know, is for YOU to purchase them and Taiphoon Burn the sticks. Cause otherwise it's really just a guessing game. 

 

Spoiler

I am not ShrimpBrime. ok yes I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Not useless for apus, clock em high enough and the fclk penalty wont be too bad especially for pathetic <1900fclk cpus

Nope. For them too. At least most of the time. The problem is the infinity fabric.  The memory information has to go through the infinity fabric and while it’s max is incredibly high, it does it be stepping up its devisor(or down its mulitiplier. Or maybe up.  English is failing me here.  At any rate, if you go above either 3600 or 3777, I forget which, the infinity fabric halves it speed. From 1:1 to 1:2.  The infinity fabric CAN be overclocked, but currently only so far.  This is how zen3 can use 4000mhz memory.  It can usually handle the necessary OC. If you can get it high enough that you can run 4800mhz memory at 1:1 it will work well.  It’s doubtful that it is possible though. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Nope. For them too. At least most of the time. The problem is the infinity fabric.  The memory information has to go through the infinity fabric and while it’s max is incredibly high, it does it be stepping up its devisor(or down its mulitiplier. Or maybe up.  English is failing me here.  At any rate, if you go above either 3600 or 3777, I forget which, the infinity fabric halves it speed. From 1:1 to 1:2.  The infinity fabric CAN be overclocked, but currently only so far.  This is how zen3 can use 4000mhz memory.  It can usually handle the necessary OC. If you can get it high enough that you can run 4800mhz memory at 1:1 it will work well.  It’s doubtful that it is possible though. 

*laughs in cezanne

Main benifit would be bandwidth and bandwidth > latency, outspeeding the fclk penalty seems to be bandwidth over latency, its especially easy on weak cpus incapable of 1900fclk like multi ccd 3950x/5950x or some ryzen 3000 cpus. Fclk outspeeding is uneccesary with an apu but with ludicrous speeds (5200+) fclk may still be a problem even with overpowered cezanne

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

*laughs in cezanne

Main benifit would be bandwidth and bandwidth > latency, outspeeding the fclk penalty seems to be bandwidth over latency, its especially easy on weak cpus incapable of 1900fclk like multi ccd 3950x/5950x or some ryzen 3000 cpus. Fclk outspeeding is uneccesary with an apu but with ludicrous speeds (5200+) fclk may still be a problem even with overpowered cezanne

Yep.  If you go with fast enough memory you can basically power through it.  4800 isn’t 5200. My memory is 4800 is barely on the other side of the dip though. On the upward slope but still pretty deep in it. One still isn’t getting nearly the speed bonus one should be getting for faster memory.  I suspect 3600 cas 16 may beat that stuff or at least be no worse.  Hence useless.  An actual example of that happening would change my mind but AFAIK there aren’t any.  If you’ve got one that’s a different thing.

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yep.  If you go with fast enough memory you can basically power through it.  4800 isn’t 5200. My memory is 4800 is barely on the other side of the dip though. On the upward slope but still pretty deep in it. One still isn’t getting nearly the speed bonus one should be getting for faster memory.  I suspect 3600 cas 16 may beat that stuff or at least be no worse.  Hence useless.  An actual example of that happening would change my mind but AFAIK there aren’t any.  If you’ve got one that’s a different thing.

Ideal config for low speed is just 3733-4000 c14/13 1.6-1.75v, that is the true comparison since 5400+ brute speed is just stupid high bin djrs going vroom vroom at ~1.8v, not exactly fair to compare top end brute speed to very mid low speed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ideal config for low speed is just 3733-4000 c14/13 1.6-1.75v, that is the true comparison since 5400+ brute speed is just stupid high bin djrs going vroom vroom at ~1.8v, not exactly fair to compare top end brute speed to very mid low speed

The definition on low speed there seems a bit odd to me as most people seem to be going with 3200 speed memory lately.  It’s one of those indefinite words though.  Shenanigans still have to be performed to get that 4000mhz to do 1:1.  They’re usually very doable though.  I could even see AMD putting a “how far can I push my infinity fabric” applet someplace.  Afaik they haven’t done it yet.  Could be wrong.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The definition on low speed there seems a bit odd to me as most people seem to be going with 3200 speed memory lately.  It’s one of those indefinite words though.  Shenanigans still have to be performed to get that 4000mhz to do 1:1.  They’re usually very doable though.  I could even see AMD putting a “how far can I push my infinity fabric” applet someplace.  Afaik they haven’t done it yet.  Could be wrong.

Yea looks like my standards have been screwed over by my extreem dark doing 1520, hence why i consider 2200 ddr3 slow and same for <4400 ddr4, cause if youve got good enough ram ics, imc, and board its pretty damn easy to get high speed, but thats ignoring the pain of tuning rams

 

Also looks like the possibility of going straight to am4 is pretty reachable now, x470 fatal1ty board that i want is now at 20$ and thats a working board with issues prob caused by garbage psu its being tested on, and 5600g for whatever reason is going for 86$ on aliexpress, i am kinda doubtful that the board can support properly high speeds (4600+) but who knows, maybe quad stick dual rank can do stupid speeds with enough tweaking, the cpu imc is not an issue and hopefully same for fclk since 2500 is minimum that i expect, though t top is not exactly ideal when im mostly gonna be selling 2 stick kits so need a decent daisy chain too and i dont think there are any decent daisy chains for dirt cheap other than lowend garbage like the b550m ex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yea looks like my standards have been screwed over by my extreem dark doing 1520, hence why i consider 2200 ddr3 slow and same for <4400 ddr4, cause if youve got good enough ram ics, imc, and board its pretty damn easy to get high speed, but thats ignoring the pain of tuning rams

 

Also looks like the possibility of going straight to am4 is pretty reachable now, x470 fatal1ty board that i want is now at 20$ and thats a working board with issues prob caused by garbage psu its being tested on, and 5600g for whatever reason is going for 86$ on aliexpress, i am kinda doubtful that the board can support properly high speeds (4600+) but who knows, maybe quad stick dual rank can do stupid speeds with enough tweaking, the cpu imc is not an issue and hopefully same for fclk since 2500 is minimum that i expect

It’s perhaps doubtful.  Such memory want even available when the board was made. One thing to watch with AMD is with the G series stuff the 5xxx moniker doesn’t guarantee zen 3 or even rtx stuff.  That could be a zen2 with a vega in it for all I know. Effectively a 2019 device. A pox on all marketers.  They didn’t used to be able to lie like they do now. There were restrictions.  Could build a sub $200 machine with that stuff.  If it is zen2 it won’t overclock for beans.  You can do it but it doesn’t really have much effect except being hotter and using more electricity. You may have the best luck with that 4800 memory tuning it down to 3600 and seeing how tight you can get the timings. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s perhaps doubtful.  Such memory want even available when the board was made. One thing to watch with AMD is with the G series stuff the 5xxx moniker doesn’t guarantee zen 3 or even rtx stuff.  That could be a zen2 with a vega in it for all I know. Effectively a 2019 device. A pox on all marketers.  They didn’t used to be able to lie like they do now. There were restrictions.  Could build a sub $200 machine with that stuff.  If it is zen2 it won’t overclock for beans.  You can do it but it doesn’t really have much effect except being hotter and using more electricity. You may have the best luck with that 4800 memory tuning it down to 3600 and seeing how tight you can get the timings. 

Hynixes time like trash most of the time so pretty damn useless to do that since theyre brute speed ics

 

And no cezanne actually is zen3, just cut down l3 cache from 32 to 16, renoir is zen2 but those are abysmal with 8mb cache, still very good imc tho but reduced fclk capability compared to cezanne

 

May aswell not even buy such a high bin if you are not even using its only advantage, atleast decent microns can do 3800-4200 c14 given enough volts and depending on the bin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×