Windows 10 makes random hardware disconnect sounds

Piipperi

Recently, Windows 10 has started doing random hardware disconnect sounds on my desktop, and I have no clue where it's coming from.

All my peripherals work fine, and I also never hear any random hardware connect sounds.

It does play at very random intervals as well, sometimes I don't hear it for hours, sometimes it comes 2-3 times per hour.

How should I diagnose this and find the cause?

I was thinking it could be my external USB SSD going into sleep or something like that, but since it never leaves the File Explorer nor could I reproduce the issue by first waking up the drive, and then waiting for it to go back to sleep, I don't think that's it.

Check event viewer > System for "disk" removals. Xbox thing for windows is whack and mounts and unmounts a VHD for some reason.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

31 minutes ago, Levent said:

Check event viewer > System for "disk" removals. Xbox thing for windows is whack and mounts and unmounts a VHD for some reason.

Nope, can't find anything from the time periods I've heard them.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, Piipperi said:

Nope, can't find anything from the time periods I've heard them.

Could it be one of your peripherals going to sleep, may be worth going through them using the example below and removing their ability to be turned off for power saving.

Link below is an example of how to do that.

https://support.novabackup.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006795793-Disable-USB-sleep-settings-to-correct-backup-device-issues-#:~:text=It may be that your,Universal Serial Bus controllers" area.