Best eReader under a budget?

I want to purchase an eReader to start reading some more books and take advantage of the library in my area which allows me to borrow books digitally. The library provides these books in an epub format. So I was wondering what eReader would be best to purchase? I was thinking of getting a 10th gen Kindle on prime day which is coming up. I have seen some reviews which mention issues with battery life which make me a little sceptic. I am aware the kindle doesn't support the epub format yet but apparently it's coming later this year and it's possible to convert epub files as well

Should I just go with this, are there are other suitable alternatives? Should I buy an older used kindle paperwhite since they seem so commonly available? Or should I wait for an 11th gen Kindle since the current one is over 3 years old and Amazon release new kindle iterations every 2 years or so?

I use the Kobo Libra 2. I believe there are equals out there (Kindle Oasis), but nothing better.

It can sometimes be had for 160.- around here.

Anyway, remember you'll need the great Calibre freeware (for converting epubs for example)

I'm willing to swim against the current.