Need suggestions on a good prebuilt

Budget (including currency): 2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, mine craft ROBLOX and gta online 

looking for recommendations on a prebuilt for a friend i always build my own but not sure what to recommend

I have a friend in Canada that is looking to purchase a gaming pc for her son. She has about 2000 to spend  problem is i had a bad time with Alienware so i started building my own.

her Son plays Fortnite, mine craft ROBLOX and gta online  so any help would be of great help.

Unfortunately, $2000 CAD doesn't get much in this day and age, and prebuilts are always a gamble, because some of the people building them know what they're doing, but more often, they don't. I did find this one on Amazon Canada. It's a bit over the budget, but I couldn't find much else that really was worth the price for what you're getting.

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Predator-i7-11700F-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B09SGPZZ54

Alternately, if they're handy with a screwdriver, I can give some ideas to doing taking an LTT "budget" upgrade approach for maximum bang for the buck. It won't be a discotheque of whirling RGB and water looping, but it will get the job done.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

25 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Unfortunately, $2000 CAD doesn't get much in this day and age, and prebuilts are always a gamble, because some of the people building them know what they're doing, but more often, they don't. I did find this one on Amazon Canada. It's a bit over the budget, but I couldn't find much else that really was worth the price for what you're getting.

https://www.amazon.ca/Gaming-Desktop-GeForce-Windows-G35DX-DHR780/dp/B09F5F3N6Y

3080 might be overkill? .. none out there with 3070 ? or even 3060 would be plenty 🙂 depending on how many hz their old monitor can show. 

Monitor can be compensated for with vertical synchronization and g-sync, etc... as long as it's DVIR, HDMI or DP.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

-= Topics Merged =-

If you need to move a topic, moderators can move them so no need to repost, just report and let us know 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2NHRv

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($264.99 @ Memory Express) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 CPU Cooler  ($43.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Kingston FURY Renegade 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($93.72 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($111.95 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($629.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: Deepcool DQ750-M-V2L 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($95.75 @ Vuugo) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($13.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1552.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-03 06:06 EDT-0400

Intel build

You can just build it to him, just a little help picking the parts.

You can still go with something higher like the I7 12700F.

Are there no pc shops that can build it for them ? That would more than likely be better than a pre-built system.

Something like this for example.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ Canada Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($26.99 @ Memory Express) 
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Memory Express) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($72.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($111.95 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Fighter Video Card  ($470.80 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 MESH ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($81.40 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1193.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-03 08:17 EDT-0400