ram for x470 and x570

I have a x470 that I need to upgrade the ram. I am looking at getting ram that works on the x470 then move it to the x570 system sometime in the future. Is this doable, or is there a limit? 

What CPU and mobo are you running right now? That'll affect it more than the chipset itself (the chipset has nothing to do with memory topology). 

Also, if a kit works on X470, it'll work on X570. RAM gets more and more compatible on newer motherboards, it's not gonna be something works on one kit then magically stops working on the next. 

What is your current ram?

Are you upgrading only for speed or are you upgrading in ram size?

If its just a ram speed upgrade you can most likely oc your existing rams to 3000/3200 c16, check thaiphoon burner for the ic first though

If its ram size then theres a cheap 32gb 3200 c16 vulcan kit going for 80$

Whatever your processor supports vs whatever your CPU supports. If they match, great. If not, the lower of the two. Specs can be found on manufacturer's website easily/

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!