Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 10 - Once again windows is acting crazy for no reason.

Melano

Go to solution Solved by Melano,

Windows 10 is a failing piece of garbage. I have restored, I have SFC'd, I have used the repair commands in powwershell, I have scanned with hitmanpro, malwarebytes, microsoft's bs, and still no issues have been found. I'm giving up. My damn taskbar even went invisible. My wallpaper fucks up still. When I alt tab on one screen the entire BG goes black.

I'm re-installing from a fresh USB rufus'd iso. Fuck Windows 10. Fuck Windows 10. Fuck Windows 10. 

And once more...

Fuck. Windows. 10.

Thread Closed.

Apologies to the moderators if this last post is out of line.

New PC, New Install, fuck windows.

Keyboard inputs sticking, mouse randomly ceases functioning. Its always for one or two seconds.

Can't use start menu search.

Wallpaper displays incorrectly on startup and does weird shit until I move the position of the task bar, then the wallpapers properly snap into place.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

29 minutes ago, Melano said:

New PC, New Install, fuck windows.

Keyboard inputs sticking, mouse randomly ceases functioning. Its always for one or two seconds.

Can't use start menu search.

Wallpaper displays incorrectly on startup and does weird shit until I move the position of the task bar, then the wallpapers properly snap into place.

The keyboard and mouse thing could be environmental.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Melano said:

What does that mean?

Environmental in this case means cruft of some type.  Hair, dust, food particles, etc..  the insides of keyboards get nasty pretty quick and enough stuff can build up to actually jam keys.  As for the mouse, quite often when I have an issue with mouse tracking tit turns out the problem is a hair in the tracking area (the bit underneath the mouse where the light and the mirror are) may not be the problem, but it removes a variable.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Environmental in this case means cruft of some type.  Hair, dust, food particles, etc..  the insides of keyboards get nasty pretty quick and enough stuff can build up to actually jam keys.  As for the mouse, quite often when I have an issue with mouse tracking tit turns out the problem is a hair in the tracking area (the bit underneath the mouse where the light and the mirror are) may not be the problem, but it removes a variable.

Did that. I think windows is randomly stalling and idk why. I think i notice pictures and stuff stop moving too.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

1 minute ago, Melano said:

It just did it again, itsa like the buttons on them are still being pressed when theyre not

Could very well be sticky keys.  One test would be to try a different keyboard and see if it still does it.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Could very well be sticky keys.  One test would be to try a different keyboard and see if it still does it.

PC booted with mouse and kb unresponsive. 😕 I hate Windows. SFC scannow said nothing.

Just now, Melano said:

PC booted with mouse and kb unresponsive. 😕 I hate Windows. SFC scannow said nothing.

That would not be sticky keys unless a particular key stuck.  Have you tried booting into setup and not running windows at all?  What happens then? 

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That would not be sticky keys unless a particular key stuck.  Have you tried booting into setup and not running windows at all?  What happens then? 

What do you mean setup? This windows installation has been plagued by problems. I'm just tired of reinstalling garbage over and over.

11 minutes ago, Melano said:

What do you mean setup? This windows installation has been plagued by problems. I'm just tired of reinstalling garbage over and over.

There is bios and there is windows.  Setup would be posting to the bios setup program but not actually booting.  A machine will post (which is a test program for the hardware) with no drive attached at all

3 minutes ago, Melano said:

I think its important to understand that these problems you're having are simply not inherent Windows problems.

Most of us are all here here using Windows happily not experiencing what you're experiencing and have been for decades. If you're installing the OS multiple times on this hardware and experiencing the same problems over and over the issue is your hardware or something you're doing without realizing. 

What happens in safe mode?

ITX & Ultrawide Enthusiast

56 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I think its important to understand that these problems you're having are simply not inherent Windows problems.

Most of us are all here here using Windows happily not experiencing what you're experiencing and have been for decades. If you're installing the OS multiple times on this hardware and experiencing the same problems over and over the issue is your hardware or something you're doing without realizing. 

What happens in safe mode?

okay, well its impossible for me to know what I'm doing since windows inherently corrupts itself over time. if im just using a browser and it does this shit, if iom fast forwaridng a video and it randomly keeps the kley pressed, i dont have OTHJER HARDWARE to use!

3 hours ago, Melano said:

okay, well its impossible for me to know what I'm doing since windows inherently corrupts itself over time. if im just using a browser and it does this shit, if iom fast forwaridng a video and it randomly keeps the kley pressed, i dont have OTHJER HARDWARE to use!

As others suggest try removing the keyboard, you say you don't have other hardware but that's not a problem as you can start the On Screen Keyboard from accessibility tools.

If the problem is resolved then the issue is your keyboard and the next step would be to order a replacement.

Wait, new build? What are your temps like? Is it possible you forgot to paste the CPU?
Also, did sfc /scannow return something like this?
image.png.465bacb3688e0dfa710b5ed80f8dcc9b.png

14 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Wait, new build? What are your temps like? Is it possible you forgot to paste the CPU?
Also, did sfc /scannow return something like this?
image.png.465bacb3688e0dfa710b5ed80f8dcc9b.png

no integ problems. temps are fine. CPU is hybrid liquid cooled and came with appropriate paste.

5950x

image.png.8a49c31ffb2a6d49b828bea89a89e39e.png

Keyboard is an AKKO 5108. Mouse is Razer Deathadder v2/3.

When I originally insttalled it rejected my product key and locked all the features away. After i activated it, personalization was still bugged so I reinstalled with the built in reinstall function. It didn't fix it, so I guess I need to do it again now that more bugs are popping up. Its not just an arrow key or something, its totally at random that a key will stick for two or three seconds, and that my mouse will stop for two or three seconds.

Is it maybe Windows Security? I've only installed Steam, NZXT Cam, Discord, and so on. I've tried clean boot too and it still does it. 

2 minutes ago, Melano said:

no integ problems. temps are fine. CPU is hybrid liquid cooled and came with appropriate paste.

5950x

image.png.8a49c31ffb2a6d49b828bea89a89e39e.png

Keyboard is an AKKO 5108. Mouse is Razer Deathadder v2/3.

How loud is the machine at this load level. 2250rm sounds loud to me.  Might not be though.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

How loud is the machine at this load level. 2250rm sounds loud to me.  Might not be though.

Not at all. There's multiple fans inside. Its right next to me on my desk too. I can't hear it. I updated my post a bit too, sorry.

1 hour ago, Melano said:

Not at all. There's multiple fans inside. Its right next to me on my desk too. I can't hear it. I updated my post a bit too, sorry.

The smaller the fan the higher the rpm can be without creating a lot of noise

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

The smaller the fan the higher the rpm can be without creating a lot of noise

Two are quite large. Both intake. The smaller fans are outbound air flow.

19 hours ago, Melano said:

Two are quite large. Both intake. The smaller fans are outbound air flow.

That means the big fans are running slower if they have the same airflow as the smaller ones.  

13 hours ago, Melano said:

Mouse stopped.. kb did not u.u

Ugh.  I’m unsure at this point if it is one problem or two separate but converging problems.  It could be software, port connection issues, or both.