2k Gaming/Streaming build for work

Budget (including currency): $2,000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1440 or 4k Gaming and Streaming.  

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

My current 10 yr. old build is finally ready to be replaced by a modern system. She had one heck of a run but the 'ol girl just can't keep up anymore...even with a 4.6 OC on the 2500k.

The main usage for the new system is work related and includes Gaming and streaming with plenty of Adobe Photoshop, Premier, and After effects usage thrown into the mix. 

In case you're wondering my job uses mostly Minecraft, a few other AAA games, and D&D in a therapeutic setting to teach social interaction skills to kids and young adults. I love it!

I've attached a build list and would appreciate suggestions on compatibility or replacements if I've overlooked something better for cheaper. Thanks!

PC Part Picker

12 minutes ago, Gemini81 said:

my job uses mostly Minecraft

*angry hypixel tryhard keyboard mouse abuse intensifies*

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xRxQGL

Yea completely failed on the theme but i dont feel right going for more expensive rams or cooler when this ones the cheapest, you can downgrade cooling abit by going for an auraflow 240 and spend an extra ~30$ for white rams. No point going for a more expensive board but if you desire crap tons of i/o theres the z690 aero g going for 260$

Consider a locked i7-12700F. Saves a bit and with good cooling and power limit settings has performance close to the unlocked version.

There have been reports that EVGA GA has tripping issues with high-end GPU transient spikes.

The 500DX with taller memory modules has issue with AIO longer than 240 and thicker than 53mm. The Galahad 240 fits the criteria and has a white version to complement the case.

Consider a 3 fan GPU. Generally run cooler and thus quieter.

The SN770 has remarkable performance and it's a bit less expensive than the 980 Pro.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($312.96 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO240 (2022) 69.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B660-A GAMING WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($133.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Lenovo) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 12GB LHR 12 GB GAMING Z TRIO Video Card  ($859.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1976.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-02 11:14 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely take a look

I wanted to swing back around and give an update of where I'm at.

Aesthetics isn't the primary focus. My wife just really liked the storm-trooper look. Admittedly, the more I look at them the more I'm starting to like that color scheme, myself. 

I've been thinking of dropping the AIO in favor of air. Something like the The NH-D15 chromax.black.

My current Cooler is the D15 that's been running daily just shortly after its launch in 2014. So, I'll probably stay with the same cooler manufacturer since mine as been so darn reliable.

Motherboard-wise, I think I'll ditch the Prime in favor of something else due to a few reviews I've seen. Though I'm not sure to what just yet.

As for CPU, I prefer to stay with intel. I've been really bouncing back and forth between a K/Z690 and a non-K/B660. I don't mind spending the extra money here if there's a noticeable improvement. I've seen many benchmarks stating that the Non-K version actually uses more power during turbo than the K version. The K version also has a higher base clock than the non-k. On the flip side, when doing an overclock on 12th gen, it looks like speed boosting is pretty minor (100Mhz stable) and with a large power and thermal tax.

Definitely paralysis by analysis.

14 minutes ago, Gemini81 said:

I've been really bouncing back and forth between a K/Z690 and a non-K/B660. I don't mind spending the extra money here if there's a noticeable improvement.

There is a difference of 5% maximum for some $110 extra. If you think that's worth it go ahead but you'd see far more improvement in putting the $110 towards other things like a new GPU before you notice the same increase in performance by spending it on a more expensive CPU.

If I was you I'd stick with what @brobhas suggested you and save the $100 towards something else. Maybe get an ultrawide later. Will feel like a completely different system.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker