Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

gpu stuck at only 100 Watt

 Share

so after a while i decided to give Gourdiens of the galaxy a shot

so i installed it and i imidetly noticed that performance is insanely bad

im running the game at 1080p at lowest setting with fidelity fx at performence setting and im getting about 15-25 frame depending on the scene

its really bad

then after checking afterburner i noticed that gpu is just sitting at 80-100 Watt of power draw

its usually at 160 Watt

no problem in any other game though

what should i do?

system is

i3 10100

16 gb 2400 ram

GTX 970 (OC to 1500 on core 1875 on memory) temps are at 73 after 20 minutes with furmark and the hotspot is 811517102112_MarvelsGuardiansoftheGalaxyScreenshot2022_07.02-15_38_56_10.thumb.png.6f7b10087ea5f7182b3d6398e4ae3d36.png

i also maxed out the power limit and temp limit in after burner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it is thermal throttling long before it gets a chance to start pulling a full wattage. Your system does not mean the minimum system requirements for the game which is mostly what you are goign to see with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

It looks like it is thermal throttling long before it gets a chance to start pulling a full wattage. Your system does not mean the minimum system requirements for the game which is mostly what you are goign to see with that.

i changed the thermal paste about 3 month ago and there is no problem in other games

its at 150-160 watt in warzone and BF V and the clock speed is what it should be (around 1500)

also i looked at this before downloading

im using the same setting and also turned on Fidelity FX at performance

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

each game can hit your GPU differently, from the screenshot you posted your GPU is thermal throttling at the 99 degree mark, other games might not be hitting it as hard, but when it hits that mark it will stop requesting more power to protect itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

each game can hit your GPU differently, from the screenshot you posted your GPU is thermal throttling at the 99 degree mark, other games might not be hitting it as hard, but when it hits that mark it will stop requesting more power to protect itself.

i know this

but this is the first time something like this is happening

i deleted the game but im at a loss here

i cant afford a damn thing and stability test show perfect result

should i be worried about anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alireza said:

i know this

but this is the first time something like this is happening

i deleted the game but im at a loss here

i cant afford a damn thing and stability test show perfect result

should i be worried about anything?

if it runs in other games you have it could just be you are hitting the upper limit of what your hardware is capable of. Its normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

if it runs in other games you have it could just be you are hitting the upper limit of what your hardware is capable of. Its normal.

i dont know

im done with it

thanks anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

from the screenshot you posted your GPU is thermal throttling at the 99 degree mark

That's the GPU usage.  The Temp of the card is 58°C.  It's NOT thermal throttling. 

 

OP.  You're getting 99-100% utilization on your GPU.  If the game can push that and it doesn't need to suck down the power it won't.  If your card was pulling more power it still wouldn't hit a higher framerate.  It'd just get hotter

 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SimplyChunk said:

That's the GPU usage.  The Temp of the card is 58°C.  It's NOT thermal throttling. 

 

OP.  You're getting 99-100% utilization on your GPU.  If the game can push that and it doesn't need to suck down the power it won't.  If your card was pulling more power it still wouldn't hit a higher framerate.  It'd just get hotter

yup, you are right, I didnt expand the image to see that was a Percent sign and not a degree side. Either way, the GPU is taxed out and wont be able to get to the full wattage on that game. It did the best it could. Even without being at the full wattage, an i3 and that particular graphics card just arent enough for that game's graphic load unfortunatly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×