:( I really need help. Crazy stutters that consistently happen despite high frames.

jabison212

I’m not sure if anyone will read this and I am really new to the pc building world and need help. I am consistently getting stutters throughout my computer even when there is not a game running. I could simply be browsing the internet and my cursor would stutter a bit and even my audio too. I am fairly sure i built my computer fine as well. I have an MSI rx 6600

i5-10400

16 gb of ddr4 

650W evga bronze power supply

ASUS Prime B560M-A mATX mobo 

I have tried so many things like tinkering with the radeon software like disabling freesync and disabling this other option as well nothing works. I have tried using MSI Afterburner and RTSS that didn’t work. I have tried this method revolving around the GameBarPresenceWriter it did not work either. I have an SSD with my windows installed on it as well as my games. My BIOS is completely up to date as well as my radeon driver. I have also downloaded the necessary drivers for my mobo. All my other drivers are up to date as I checked in the device manager. While using RTSS however, i noticed there’s an extremely consistent and when i say consistent like right on the dot consistent skyrocket in frametime. My frametime is perfectly smooth for half a second and it skyrockets for an extremely short amount of time resulting in my stutters it seems. It happens in around half a second intervals and really interrupts my gameplay and my overall experience using the computer :(. For example i can run valorant with ease averaging around 300 fps but these stutters make it very hard to play☹️☹️.  I run on 64 but windows 10 home if that information is useful as well. Any help would be so appreciated!!

I also have a 144hz monitor which is also set to 144hz. I have tried using vsync and everything nothing worked:((

Hi,
Did You ran any stability benchmarks on your PC like cinebench or AIDA64 to see if there is something wrong or not?

When you use Afterburner set it up so you can see all threads usage and your GPU usage.  In RTSS set a framerate cap to 144Hz.  Then watch the stats in your game.  See whether it is a few CPU threads or your GPU that's hitting 99-100% when the stutters happen

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

In most cases bloatware is the cause of stutters.

So you should take care of the bloatware on your machine.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

When you use Afterburner set it up so you can see all threads usage and your GPU usage.  In RTSS set a framerate cap to 144Hz.  Then watch the stats in your game.  See whether it is a few CPU threads or your GPU that's hitting 99-100% when the stutters happen

Neither cpu or gpu is anywhere close to being 100% utilized and i capped it at 144 too :(( Here’s a picture of my consistent frame time spikes it happens very frequently.

image.jpg

9 hours ago, Vishera said:

In most cases bloatware is the cause of stutters.

So you should take care of the bloatware on your machine.

I don’t believe it is bloatware since i just built my machine the other day 😞

you got no CPU usage up on afterburner?  You need to set that up so we can see what your threads are doing when the spikes occur.  Could be a couple of CPU threads are getting pegged to 100%

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

30 minutes ago, jabison212 said:

I don’t believe it is bloatware since i just built my machine the other day 😞

Windows 10 and 11 come with bloatware out of the box and may do things in the background that may cause stutters.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

38 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

you got no CPU usage up on afterburner?  You need to set that up so we can see what your threads are doing when the spikes occur.  Could be a couple of CPU threads are getting pegged to 100%

i tried turning on all the cpu usage things 😅😅

image.jpg

that's good.  do any of them hit 100% when the frametime spikes?

Also you should have 12 on there not 9

It's only to test you won't have to leave it on all the time

It could be a poor performing SSD. I bought a cheap one thinking they were all basically the same thing, oh how I was wrong. I get sttuters about every 30 seconds no matter the game. (because the crappy drive is the one with the OS installed (another mistake) so it affects pretty much all aplications running. 

Couls you provide the brand, model and size of each of your drives please.

Also could be another process (so not an application) running the background. I sometimes find "system interupts" using a significant portion of my computer's resources.

Also if you use wallpaper engine make sure to set it so that any full screen aplication will stop the wallpaper. It running in the background can cost you a significant amount of performance.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: RX 570 4gb

RAM: 24gb of cruical and Adata mix

The rest is trash

21 minutes ago, Lucas_AndosAU said:

It could be a poor performing SSD. I bought a cheap one thinking they were all basically the same thing, oh how I was wrong. I get sttuters about every 30 seconds no matter the game. (because the crappy drive is the one with the OS installed (another mistake) so it affects pretty much all aplications running. 

Couls you provide the brand, model and size of each of your drives please.

Also could be another process (so not an application) running the background. I sometimes find "system interupts" using a significant portion of my computer's resources.

Also if you use wallpaper engine make sure to set it so that any full screen aplication will stop the wallpaper. It running in the background can cost you a significant amount of performance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HKG6SDF?ie=UTF8&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=pc2_5_22-20&linkId=74afeb50b10ae171634cb3e8cf78e2b8&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl