Planet Coaster only game that crashes. Help?

Hello,

Recently my game started crashing and I just can't figure out what might cause the crash.
I've had contact with Frontier Support already several weeks back and forth and they pretty much gave up. Not blaming them because they were verry helpfull and did their best.

Specs:
3060 Ti / 10850K (10core/20) / 32 GB RAM at 3600 Mhz (already tried it at stock speed with XMP off, didn't help). 850w PSU.

The project i'm currently working on is getting bit, but no where near huge and played on bigger parks before without issues.
But here's the thing. It happens on nearly empty parks aswell.
All the hardware temperatures are fine.

Tried all of the tips mentioned on the Frontier website. Contacted them and they made me try loads off things like a clean driver reinstall with DDU, deleting certain apps which they know off that they can cause issues, did all of that. Reinstalled the game so many times, Memtested the RAM, played in debug mode, tried Fullscreen, windowed, borderless. Played with the auto-save interval, from completely off to 6 hours. Tried playing on both monitors. Played with completely disconnecting one of the monitors just to see if there's no resolution issue. Nothing works.. My frames are still good, it's smooth for as long as it works. But it just keeps crashing. Sometimes after 2 minutes in. Sometimes after 10. But barely ever longer then that. Everything is up to date. Played on Windows 10, trying on Windows 11 now and the issue is still the same.

I'm playing Cyberpunk, Battlefield, AC Valhalla, all on 1440p with maxed out settings, no issues, no problem at all. No crashes whatsovever.

If anyone here has some options left worth trying please let me know. Got over 200 hours in it now and i really don't want to lose it.

Thanks in advance !

1 hour ago, TATT55 said:

Hello,

Recently my game started crashing and I just can't figure out what might cause the crash.
I've had contact with Frontier Support already several weeks back and forth and they pretty much gave up. Not blaming them because they were verry helpfull and did their best.

Specs:
3060 Ti / 10850K (10core/20) / 32 GB RAM at 3600 Mhz (already tried it at stock speed with XMP off, didn't help). 850w PSU.

The project i'm currently working on is getting bit, but no where near huge and played on bigger parks before without issues.
But here's the thing. It happens on nearly empty parks aswell.
All the hardware temperatures are fine.

Tried all of the tips mentioned on the Frontier website. Contacted them and they made me try loads off things like a clean driver reinstall with DDU, deleting certain apps which they know off that they can cause issues, did all of that. Reinstalled the game so many times, Memtested the RAM, played in debug mode, tried Fullscreen, windowed, borderless. Played with the auto-save interval, from completely off to 6 hours. Tried playing on both monitors. Played with completely disconnecting one of the monitors just to see if there's no resolution issue. Nothing works.. My frames are still good, it's smooth for as long as it works. But it just keeps crashing. Sometimes after 2 minutes in. Sometimes after 10. But barely ever longer then that. Everything is up to date. Played on Windows 10, trying on Windows 11 now and the issue is still the same.

I'm playing Cyberpunk, Battlefield, AC Valhalla, all on 1440p with maxed out settings, no issues, no problem at all. No crashes whatsovever.

If anyone here has some options left worth trying please let me know. Got over 200 hours in it now and i really don't want to lose it.

Thanks in advance !

Since you said other games, even the AAA ones at max settings doing just fine.
And you already did all those troubleshooting & monitored your temp.

I can only think of it's because of the game engine itself.
A quick googling netted me quite a bunch of of links about that game crashing.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

17 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Since you said other games, even the AAA ones at max settings doing just fine.
And you already did all those troubleshooting & monitored your temp.

I can only think of it's because of the game engine itself.
A quick googling netted me quite a bunch of of links about that game crashing.

Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes for some reason the game is really badly optimized. I've had crashes with it before but never this bad. Yet there's still a big chunk of players (has quite a dedicated community) playing it every day without issues. Even with worse specs. 

I just don't know that why the game engine would suddenly just stop working on my PC. It's a verry strange thing this.. haven't had an issue like this before.

12 minutes ago, TATT55 said:

Hey!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes for some reason the game is really badly optimized. I've had crashes with it before but never this bad. Yet there's still a big chunk of players (has quite a dedicated community) playing it every day without issues. Even with worse specs. 

I just don't know that why the game engine would suddenly just stop working on my PC. It's a verry strange thing this.. haven't had an issue like this before.

No idea.
Could be one of the game update broke it, due to clash with driver or OS
could be driver update broke it, due to the game engine can't utilize it well.
or both.

Anyway, if it's the game engine, nothing you can do about it.
Push the dev to fix stuffs.
At the very least it wasn't like New World back then, pushing your GPU to the death.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.