Dell Optiplex 7090 Audio Problem

Go to solution Solved by mudflapman,

Only other suggestion, apparently the Dell Optimizer software can work in place of the Waves Audio software. Perhaps that's worth a shot.

Didn't want to link to the drivers directly, but should be easy enough to come through on the product page below. Dell Command Update might be a good option to grab the lot and patch everything, but it's up to the end user to make that call (I personally don't mind it, but others will probably consider it bloatware, same as the audio apps I guess) :)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-au/product-support/product/optiplex-7090-desktop/drivers

Hey there,
Anyone here have any experience with dell optiplex lineup? 
i have a dell optiplex 7090 11th Gen And i'm trying to use the front Audio Jack (It's Headphone Microphone Combo) To connect headphones and no matter what it doesn't detect any input from the microphone
The Headphone I'm Trying to use works on other devices like my friends PC or my laptop without any problem
I've installed all the drivers from dell official website and still no luck.
anyone ever encountered the same problem or have this issue or is there any possible fix?

We’ve had headaches with the latitude 7420 at work doing the same thing. Solution there was to install the wave max audio software and it plays nice. It will default to headphones without it, needs the jack to be told it’s headset. 

Aurora | Built April '22
CPU: Intel i7 11700K | RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 | GPU: NVidia GTX 1080 Founders Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB), Corsair MP400 (1TB) | PSU: Corsair RM1000

Moonlight | Built March '17
CPU: Intel i7 6900K | RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 | GPU: NVidia GTX 750Ti Storage: Intel 600P (512GB), WD Red (4TB) | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Cooling: Corsair H105 | Setup post >here<|

15 hours ago, mudflapman said:

We’ve had headaches with the latitude 7420 at work doing the same thing. Solution there was to install the wave max audio software and it plays nice. It will default to headphones without it, needs the jack to be told it’s headset. 

10 hours ago, littleneutrino said:

as Mudflapman stated, this is usually caused by the Waves Maxx Audio app being uninstalled. Dell is rather particular about requring software to make their audio ports to work for some reason. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-bg/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=mx1pp

I have Waves Maxx on my system and when i connect my headset it notify's me and i choose headset
but still my microphone doesn't work :(

Have you gone into the windows microphone settings and allowed applications to access the microphone?

13 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

Have you gone into the windows microphone settings and allowed applications to access the microphone?

In windows sound settings my headphone doesn't appear 
windows does not recognize it as an input and i'm 100% sure about my headphone working with windows

but here it doesn't seem to recognize it as an input

even if i connect my headphone and choose microphone in in waves maxx audio still it doesn't work
sound works though

Only other suggestion, apparently the Dell Optimizer software can work in place of the Waves Audio software. Perhaps that's worth a shot.

Didn't want to link to the drivers directly, but should be easy enough to come through on the product page below. Dell Command Update might be a good option to grab the lot and patch everything, but it's up to the end user to make that call (I personally don't mind it, but others will probably consider it bloatware, same as the audio apps I guess) :)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-au/product-support/product/optiplex-7090-desktop/drivers

Aurora | Built April '22
CPU: Intel i7 11700K | RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 | GPU: NVidia GTX 1080 Founders Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB), Corsair MP400 (1TB) | PSU: Corsair RM1000

Moonlight | Built March '17
CPU: Intel i7 6900K | RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 | GPU: NVidia GTX 750Ti Storage: Intel 600P (512GB), WD Red (4TB) | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Cooling: Corsair H105 | Setup post >here<|

On 7/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, mudflapman said:

Didn't want to link to the drivers directly, but should be easy enough to come through on the product page below. Dell Command Update might be a good option to grab the lot and patch everything, but it's up to the end user to make that call (I personally don't mind it, but others will probably consider it bloatware, same as the audio apps I guess) 🙂

Thanks a lot 
This actually solved my problem and the software is great too, besides audio there are other options that you can change that otherwise you have to look for them in the bios like performance settings and etc....