Wifi antenna not showing up in Device Manager

ZachN

Hello, I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my PC. I have followed the instructions on the manual for the antenna by screwing into both the ports, but there seems to be no antenna found when checked in the Device Manager. I am not sure what the problem is, so any tips would be appreciated. Thank you :)

3 minutes ago, ZachN said:

Hello, I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my PC. I have followed the instructions on the manual for the antenna by screwing into both the ports, but there seems to be no antenna found when checked in the Device Manager. I am not sure what the problem is, so any tips would be appreciated. Thank you 🙂

driver updates for your network adapters and here is a site that tells on how to solve your problem: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10-wireless-adapter-missing-solved/

List the system specs. Is this an add-in Wifi card or is it built into your motherboard? 

Open Device Manager and post a screenshot here with Network Adapters expanded. 

Antenna will not be detected as separate hardware, they will just strengthen the signal of your wireless network adapter already in place.

If you have any unknown devices you may need to install the relevent drivers for your adapter from its manufacturers site, typically these will be Intel or Realtek based though.

2 hours ago, ZachN said:

Hello, I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my PC. I have followed the instructions on the manual for the antenna by screwing into both the ports, but there seems to be no antenna found when checked in the Device Manager. I am not sure what the problem is, so any tips would be appreciated. Thank you 🙂

Antennas are completely 'analog' hardware. They don't show up in Device Manager because they zero digital information to relay to the OS.

For the wireless card on your computer, is it built-into the motherboard? Is it an easily accessible M.2 card with black and white cables?

Or are you installing an add-in card that plugged into one of your PCIe slots?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |