Mysterious control unit for Altec Lansing Store Headset + Speaker Demo

BOBWARPATH

Today I was given some electronics ripped out of an altec lansing Wireless speaker and headset demo unit placed in a store that finally went out of commission. After some fiddling, I was able to get it working! My work friend verified everything I had was what had come with the unit, besides the biggest speaker that wouldn't come off. There seems to be a USB power distributor that distributes power to the headsets that takes in 12V, and then sends it out the other side to a distribution block for the Bluetooth speakers. Then we have the main board itself. This board is Bizarre, as usually when I get a mysterious board, after looking up all the numbers on it I eventually get something, but NOT these ones. It also seems very incomplete, making me think that several different demo units may use configurations of it. It has 8 buttons, and I have found from trial and error that 6 control the headsets and speakers, while 2 control volume up and down. The SD card raises even more questions than it answers, but has some insight into the functions of the board. Various config files correspond with button ports that change button functions, and some include things for volume. Does anyone know/have any experience with these boards? For those curious I threw a google drive link down below with all the config files for the Boards. Nothing Malicious, they are all text files and 5 Wav files that play various cuts of music. can send more pics if needed. 

Mysterious numbers on main board: 

2694A2

RU 94V-0

E350388

20220701_174403.jpg20220701_174407.jpg20220701_174411.jpg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L2WwC0oaQ9fg9TdgtD9ChZBDGRNTG8NZ?usp=sharing

The SD card doesn't seem all that mysterious to me. It has files for configuring how the board works like preventing more sensitive devices from being overdriven, or changing the playback mode. An SD card isn't significantly more expensive than enough on-board storage to store some wav files, and it means they can easily be changed out.

As for the numbers, a quick search didn't turn up anything for the first one, but the second and third are both UL markings.

The "ЯU" is a "UL recognized component mark". It's for components in larger products that meet some UL standard.

94V-0 is a UL flammability standard. Probably for the PCB substrate.

E350388 is the file number for the PCB's UL listing. Go here and put it into the "File Number" field.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

38 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

The SD card doesn't seem all that mysterious to me. It has files for configuring how the board works like preventing more sensitive devices from being overdriven, or changing the playback mode. An SD card isn't significantly more expensive than enough on-board storage to store some wav files, and it means they can easily be changed out.

As for the numbers, a quick search didn't turn up anything for the first one, but the second and third are both UL markings.

The "ЯU" is a "UL recognized component mark". It's for components in larger products that meet some UL standard.

94V-0 is a UL flammability standard. Probably for the PCB substrate.

E350388 is the file number for the PCB's UL listing. Go here and put it into the "File Number" field.

dang well that sucks, yeah we can't find too much on it either. Me and a buddy were trying to figure out how to send audio into the device to maybe use it as a multi-channel amplifier or something, but sadly no dice. Can change and add wav files to it, but nothing we can seem to find out. Several ports of the device seem to go unused including an extra audio jack on the right side. 

4 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

dang well that sucks, yeah we can't find too much on it either. Me and a buddy were trying to figure out how to send audio into the device to maybe use it as a multi-channel amplifier or something, but sadly no dice. Can change and add wav files to it, but nothing we can seem to find out. Several ports of the device seem to go unused including an extra audio jack on the right side. 

Given the SD card with the music is on the same board as the outputs I'd bet that all the audio circuitry is also on that board and the only input is from the main processor. Probably no way to just use that board as a dac/amp. At least not without a saw and some very careful soldering.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11