Five Corsair LL120 fans stopped lighting up

spiffles

I've got a setup with 12 LL120 fans by Corsair in my case and today when I launched my PC, 5 of them stopped lighting up. They're all assigned to one lighting channel (the 2nd one) and are numbered 2-5 - meaning that if I change the setting from "6 fans are connected" to just "1 fan is connected", the single functioning fan remains functional. The fans are recognized in the performance section and their RPMs can be viewed in real time. 

I opened up the case, checked all cable connection to my Commander Pro and the two hubs that I have and everything seems in order. The fans do run, but they refuse to light up. The remaining fans light up fine and take the preset from ICUE with no issues. What could be the cause of this? Could five RGB fans have just... burned out or something? That seems highly unlikely to me. 

20 hours ago, spiffles said:

I've got a setup with 12 LL120 fans by Corsair in my case and today when I launched my PC, 5 of them stopped lighting up. They're all assigned to one lighting channel (the 2nd one) and are numbered 2-5 - meaning that if I change the setting from "6 fans are connected" to just "1 fan is connected", the single functioning fan remains functional. The fans are recognized in the performance section and their RPMs can be viewed in real time. 

I opened up the case, checked all cable connection to my Commander Pro and the two hubs that I have and everything seems in order. The fans do run, but they refuse to light up. The remaining fans light up fine and take the preset from ICUE with no issues. What could be the cause of this? Could five RGB fans have just... burned out or something? That seems highly unlikely to me. 

12 fans would requiter 2 hubs and 2 lighting channels

i would test the parts first by test 1 hub and 1 fan each and do that for all 12 then i would test the other hub to see it that's working then i would fill it 1 to 6 for each hub.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links