Z690-P D4 encountering BSOD when XMP is enabled, is there a way to fix this?

Darch

Hello,

I've built myself a new pc, but I've been having BSOD problems when I enable XMP profile, but it doesn't make sense to me because my pc should be strong enough to handle XMP.

My specs are:

CPU i5-12600KF
GPU PCI-E GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC R2 LHR, 8GB GDDR6
SSD SSD Samsung 980 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
HDD  
RAM CRUCIAL 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4, 3200 MHz, DIMM, Ballistix, CL16, white
MB 2 MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI
COOLING CPU ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
CASE CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW - tower - ATX
PSU Fractal Ion Gold 750W, 80+ Gold,
COOLING FANS ARCTIC BioniX F120 PWM PST, 120 mm, PWM Sharing Technology

Did anybody else have similair problems, and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance. 

The title says Z690-P D4 (both ASUS and MSI have boards called that, though the D4 makes me think ASUS), but the specs you listed in the post list the Pro Z690-A, a much better motherboard. 

Either way, with a 3200MHz kit (assuming the in post specs are right) you shouldn't be running into XMP issues. Both are pretty decent at memory overclocking with 4000MHz in gear 1 being relatively easy assuming a good kit. I have seen XMP in general be broken, so it's worth a shot trying to just manually enter in the frequency, primary timings, and voltage to see if that makes this work.

My bad the motherboard name is ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, do u have any tips how to set the primary timings and voltage. I have never done that before.

26 minutes ago, Darch said:

My bad the motherboard name is ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, do u have any tips how to set the primary timings and voltage. I have never done that before.

It's been a while since I've used an ASUS board extensively (Rampage III Formula is the most recent one I've used for anything more than XMP) so I can't exactly tell on what specifically you need to do. I can give some general guidance though. 

Memory frequency is pretty self explanatory, it's the frequency listed on the kit. The timings are a bit less so. You will see a series of numbers physically on that kit (I believe the crucial 3200 C16 kit has the timings CL16-18-18-36, but verify that and don't just take my word on it), they are listed in the order tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS. You want to go into advanced memory settings and enter in those values for those settings respectively. tRCD and tRP might be the same timing depending on the board, though that might've changed with 12th gen Intel (tRCD and tRP were always the same values on older 11th gen and older, though since the memory controller was completely redesigned on 12th gen that might've changed and there is a spot to enter them independently, I haven't done any memory overclocking on 12th gen personally and don't know all the intricacies of that memory controller). Memory voltage is a bit more straight forward, find the setting labeled DRAM voltage or Memory voltage (I've seen it called VDIMM before as well) and enter in 1.35.