Moving suggestions with gaming rig.

calarahil

Moving a few states over and trying to get my PC prepped. I understand it's a good idea to remove the GPU so I'll do that. Was curious about my aio I can remove that to would it be advisable to remove it? Was planning on using a spare Viewsonic box I had to pack it into separate from my monitor box.

My Build:

i9 9900k w/ EK 360 AIO

32GB G.Skill Trident DDR4 3600

EVGA GeForce 3080FTW ULTRA

Gigabyte Z390 Aurous Ultra 

Samsung 850 Ssd

Samsung 860 Ssd

Samsung 980 Nvme 

Fractal Design R6 

Monitor: Viewsonic XG270QG (I have original packaging not worried about this)

15 minutes ago, calarahil said:

Moving a few states over and trying to get my PC prepped. I understand it's a good idea to remove the GPU so I'll do that. Was curious about my aio I can remove that to would it be advisable to remove it? Was planning on using a spare Viewsonic box I had to pack it into separate from my monitor box.

What are you going to transport it with? car?

Dunno how bumpy your road is.

Me, here, I'd :
-
remove the AIO as well. (mainly because I don't like the idea of a container filled with liquid being shaken near my components)
- Take off the glass panel and cover it with bubble wrap or something as cushion.
- Cling wrap the rest, or simply cover the open side with cardboard & duct tape.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Haven't heard of an AIO coming loose in shipping. I'd actually give a shot to one of those inflatable bags that inflate in your case and keep everything secured behind the panels until you remove it.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

8 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

What are you going to transport it with? car?

Dunno how bumpy your road is.

Me, here, I'd :
-
remove the AIO as well. (mainly because I don't like the idea of a container filled with liquid being shaken near my components)
- Take off the glass panel and cover it with bubble wrap or something as cushion.
- Cling wrap the rest, or simply cover the open side with cardboard & duct tape.

moving from California to Utah so probably going through the desert bumpy roads. So maybe the foam stuff Jayz2cents used in this video.

15 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Haven't heard of an AIO coming loose in shipping. I'd actually give a shot to one of those inflatable bags that inflate in your case and keep everything secured behind the panels until you remove it.

Sounds like the foam stuff that expands I saw in a Jayz2cents vid. 

5 minutes ago, calarahil said:

moving from California to Utah so probably going through the desert bumpy roads. So maybe the foam stuff Jayz2cents used in this video.

Yeah if you can get that it'll be a nice addition. That thing doesn't exist in my country, unless I'm willing to pay premium money for one.
I'd still remove atleast the AIO & GPU though, just in case.
Not like removing & reinstalling them is a hard thing to do anyway.
Preventing always better than fixing. Especially if it's a thousand dollars thing. XD

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

17 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Yeah if you can get that it'll be a nice addition. That thing doesn't exist in my country, unless I'm willing to pay premium money for one.
I'd still remove atleast the AIO & GPU though, just in case.
Not like removing & reinstalling them is a hard thing to do anyway.
Preventing always better than fixing. Especially if it's a thousand dollars thing. XD

Would you leave the cpu in socket? I don't know if I still have the cover.

13 minutes ago, calarahil said:

Would you leave the cpu in socket? I don't know if I still have the cover.

I would.
If want to be overly paranoid, I'd just use a masking tape to secure it to the board more.
Since masking tape is just about right in terms of stickyness, so it's easy to remove, no residue (as long it's not for months).
If you gonna do it that way, fold over some bit of it & stick it to itself at one side of the tape, so that you have a "non sticky handle" to pull the rest of the tape with later.

If I am going to use that foam thingy & I take off the glass panel as well.
I'd secure the foam thingy using masking tape to the case. So that no matter what that foam gonna stay in place and provide some pressure to my CPU.

Then lay the case flat with CPU facing my car ceiling.

Refresh before you reply