Laptop randomly throttles for 2-3 seconds regardless of temperature

Hey guys, I have an HP OMEN 15 Laptop (15-en0002ax ) with Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1660Ti and 8GB RAM(i'll upgrade soon).

Laptop is still in warranty for about 3 more months,

Recently I updated my windows 10 to a more recent version and have been getting these randomly occurring 2-3 second throttles in both idle conditions (like in desktop) and while gaming.
I have noticed these throttles occur around twice a day. (gap of 8-10 hours) (yes i am on laptop almost whole day xd)

CPU reaches to 85 degrees max and GPU reaches 65 degrees max in games. But as I said, it throttles randomly even in desktop when temperature is 35-40 for 2-3 seconds.

I have updated my GPU driver (GeForce driver 516.59) as well as i-GPU drivers (AMD Adrenalin Version 22.6.1) and even reset the bios to default settings although there isn't much to play with in the bios. (F.13 version).

I have cleaned my laptop fans but not repasted my CPU as its only 9 months old and don't think its happening because of temperature,

my power plan is on high performance and performance mode in the HP OMEN Gaming Hub. Any help is appreciated 😄

Laptop Specs: 

HP OMEN 15 Laptop (15-en0002ax )

Ryzen 5 4600H

GTX 1660Ti

8GB RAM

512GB SSD

64bit Windows 10 21H2

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the now infamous fTPM/AMD Platform Security Processor (PSP) bug that is still ongoing (nearly 18 months in my case). Disable AMD Platform Security Processor in the BIOS and see if that fixes it. I can't give you exact instructions because I have not seen your BIOS options, but it is likely to be under the security tab, maybe?

Full thread here. You will see an instant "fix" if that is the issue:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1353904-amd-ftpm-causing-random-stuttering/

4 hours ago, TreesP said:

Sounds like the now infamous fTPM/AMD Platform Security Processor (PSP) bug that is still ongoing (nearly 18 months in my case). Disable AMD Platform Security Processor in the BIOS and see if that fixes it. I can't give you exact instructions because I have not seen your BIOS options, but it is likely to be under the security tab, maybe?

Full thread here. You will see an instant "fix" if that is the issue:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1353904-amd-ftpm-causing-random-stuttering/

First off, thank you so much for replying 😄

I'll definitely try this!