Not booting into windows stuck on Windows screen with logo

Hsuya

Hello!

I just built my first PC. However, after I installed windows, I tried to update my bios with an M-Flash flash drive. Once I did that, I am no longer able to boot into windows. I gets suck on the following screen or a screen that doesn't say preparing automatic repair. I have tried clearing the CMOS, and use a windows media key to try to format the M.2 SSD however that hasn't worked either. Every few mins the screen goes blank and the same logo pops back up. I'm at a loss. Please help.

20220630_150542.jpg

Did you do a clean new Windows install, you could also try to boot up linux from a USB Stick, but if you get through post there can't be much wrong with the BIOS, check the Security Settings in the BIOS, maybe your BIOS sets itself to Legacy mode after the CMOS reset, there were also a few other BIOS settings which could Windows prevent from booting but I don't know all of them by rote.

I have tried to do a clean new windows install. However, whenever I try to use a USB to do so, the same thing occurs where I get stuck with the spinning dots not spinning and the windows install not even popping up.

MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Bios Version: 7976v1L

you might need to enable m2 disk as sata again.. not pcie.. maybe set start up to cms.. or legacy.. 

is your m2 sata ssd or nvme?  nvme needs m.2 set to pcie sata ssd, to ssd or sata.. depening on your mainboard. 

if your usb install driver was created on an UEFI device you will need to set it to that. in startup. 

I have the start up set to UEFI + Legacy already. My ssd is the following: Crucial P2 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s. I tried updating the bios again by using a Flash Drive. I am able to get into the USB install driver and I installed a clean version of windows. Even after installing a clean version of windows, Windows refuses to boot, it gets stuck in the same place as I have posted above. I am going to try to get a new SSD as I suspect my current SSD is broken.