Is a used 3080 for 700 good

Jackett17

Hello I'm looking for a graphics card now and I found a used 3080 from a hp omen for 700 usd and im wondering if it's a good deal or to good and the seller said they manually activated the resized bar and I wasn't sure what that ment any help is great im new to pc building thank you.

Apparently thats the RTX 3080 10GB version, amazon US has t for like $850, I see it a bit expensive for an used card, unless its like new.

manually activated the resized bar

Like, in BIOS? Thats normal, it shouldn't be an issue.

14 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

Apparently thats the RTX 3080 10GB version, amazon US has t for like $850, I see it a bit expensive for an used card, unless its like new.

Like, in BIOS? Thats normal, it shouldn't be an issue.

Ok so keep looking for a better deal or just get a brand new one and thanks I wasn't sure what they ment by that

4 hours ago, Jackett17 said:

Ok so keep looking for a better deal or just get a brand new one and thanks I wasn't sure what they ment by that

Up to you really, IMO it would be hard to pass if you find a good deal, but I am very suspicious of used GPUs, specially now that the crypto is on the down and people are selling their cards before they get even lower. Usually cards used for crypto work at 100% for months or even years without a break.