Why is EVERYONE Buying This Gaming Case??

jakkuh_t

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

I'm still using the same Steel windowless Antec case from 2002 that someone else paid for.

All it costs me is my fingers when I carry it.

personally had a corsair 900D for over a decade, shame they dont make anything similar anymore the 1000D is just a touch too big.
still fun to see my prior case make an appearance, the coolermaster storm or trooper was a great case for its day.

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

linus fire tips.....

ltt legal dept.....

oh god.... its finale happen!!!!

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Kind of a weird video, but I think everyone knows the 011 Dynamic is the only case that matters anymore.*oh god why is the price so high now.....

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

because it was the only decent one in stock at normal pricing for the longest time...  (built 3 computers in the last year for family and that was the only one that I could get each time without going to $200+)

I bought a fractal define r5 back in .... I think it was 2016 and am still using it. I once toyed with the idea of buying a fancier case, but I would rather use that money on more important things.

My desktop still resides in the Cooler Master Elite 342 I bought ages ago 😛 Better sized (mATX) for my "desk", decent airflow, 4 HDD bays, room for SSD's as well and most importantly: NO F*$%'NG GLASS PANELS! 🤬

I had to replace the front-panel IO PCB some time ago, but that wasn't particularly expensive and could be done by anyone who builds their own PC. In theory one could upgrade the USB2 to USB3 by creating a custom PCB, but that may turn out a bit expensive as (normally) you only need one :old-eyeroll:

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Linus Frost Tips

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b7e447bdb7f6368b35f3898d92d0ddf8.jpeg

I still have my Antec Three Hundred, for next time I build a PC from parts. (My current PC is a prebuilt, mostly because it was several hundred dollars cheaper than the equivalent parts cost at the time.) I don't care about tempered glass side panels or RGB lights, it's just the box my PC parts go in. It's good enough for what I need.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I had to buy a weird off-brand a few months ago when my 6600XT arrived and it was a CM or two too long for my beloved Rosewill case (that I'd used 5 of throughout the years; not just my own builds). It's a fine case, it's doing the job and working well. But it sucked having essentially no choice.

Why? Because nearly everything has stupid tempered glass side panels. When I filtered on Newegg for only cases with metal side panels (with or without fan mounting), I had only around a dozen, maybe two, choices. What is up with all the glass side panels? It's such an anti-feature!

EDIT: Looking today, there are a few more options, but it's still predominantly glass side panels. And a lot of them aren't properly tagged for filtering/sorting, so it's a manual task to find something.

3 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

My desktop still resides in the Cooler Master Elite 342 I bought ages ago 😛 Better sized (mATX) for my "desk", decent airflow, 4 HDD bays, room for SSD's as well and most importantly: NO F*$%'NG GLASS PANELS! 🤬

I had to replace the front-panel IO PCB some time ago, but that wasn't particularly expensive and could be done by anyone who builds their own PC. In theory one could upgrade the USB2 to USB3 by creating a custom PCB, but that may turn out a bit expensive as (normally) you only need one :old-eyeroll:

Yeah, I'm thinking of building my first PC ever this year and been annoyed by all of the glass panels stuff since maybe it's from not really being super into PC gaming as a kid but the heavy RGB glass just doesn't look appealing to me, same with white, I'd prefer a case with good airflow that looks a bit more like the work PCs I'm used to from university labs and way back when I went to school.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a build list for the pc featured in this video?

2 hours ago, kunoxs said:

Is there a build list for the pc featured in this video?

They didn't provide one but I'm guessing it's something like this if we were to take the CPU they showed in testing combined with some of the other things they showed.https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxBwk9

I just saw this video today and I looked over at my NZXT h500i and thought "nope, this is fine..."

NZXT now has "flow" versions of some of their cases, in response to the airflow criticisms. Whenever I inevitably upgrade my case, I'll probably get one of those. I've been a pathetic NZXT fanboy since my first Source 210 that I bought over 10 years ago, and I've been slowly increasing the number of things in my system that are branded by them. I even kinda wish I had one of their motherboards... 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

It's the first time i saw something that is actually something i use every day. I really love the case, its $150ish NZD here but its that good that i'm not the only one in my family of custom computer peeps (each of us have a custom one each) who uses it.

I like how it has everything i need and not much i don't, I came from the OG master case, the massive one and I just found it too big. I do wish the black version didn't have smokey black windows but once i get the RGB situation sorted (i don't have any) it should be better. I think this might be one of the cases that could handle the airflow needed for the RTX 40 series that is coming up.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Can anyone tell me the full build of parts that was used on the showcase like the one that is on the table while linus is talking?

image.png