Is it time to upgrade my RX580?

Grimm Gaming
Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,
6 minutes ago, Grimm Gaming said:

I run mainly indie games monitor is 1080p 144fps budget is kinda maxing around the £3-350 mark and I stream occasionally PSU is in sig Antec 650w

An RX 6600 would be perfect for this. You can also get this one, I have that one myself and it's pretty good but I think the XFX would be better, but I can't confirm since there aren't many reviews on the XFX one.

So on and off I've noticed a little led show at the power connector on my GPU, mostly this was while running PUBG and it got me a little alarmed. After a little research I found that it only shows if there's an issue with power (although the card and displays were still running without issues) I ran some stress tests and the light never showed but it came on again today randomly and only a shutdown and jiggling of the card/reseating the cable got rid of it at startup.

Is this a sign that there's a problem with my card, maybe coming to end of life? Or could the problem be with my PSU? (I did change the port on the power box that the GPU lead goes to in case it was a port issue but it still appears randomly)

Also if I was to upgrade my GPU what would you suggest as a decent budget/mid tier GPU? Don't wanna drop below 8GB and need at least two displayports on it.

Thanks for any advice

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, MB: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M, RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4B 3200 MHz DDR4, GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Aorus 8GB OC, Case: Corsair Crystal 280X RGB Black, Storage: Intel SSD 760p Series 256GB M.2-2280, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD, COTT 512 GB Internal SSD, PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 650W, Display: Samsung G3 F27G35TFW, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum, 2x Corsair LL120 RGB front fans.

3070 and don't jiggle cards with the power on, bad things can happen.

4 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

3070 and don't jiggle cards with the power on, bad things can happen.

I mentioned the jiggling and reseating of the power cable AFTER a shutdown. Also what performance would I be losing by having a PCIe gen 4 card in a gen 3 slot? Would the 3070 really suit my current setup and classify as budget to mid tier or are you just recommending it because it's the newest card series available?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, MB: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M, RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4B 3200 MHz DDR4, GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Aorus 8GB OC, Case: Corsair Crystal 280X RGB Black, Storage: Intel SSD 760p Series 256GB M.2-2280, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD, COTT 512 GB Internal SSD, PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 650W, Display: Samsung G3 F27G35TFW, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum, 2x Corsair LL120 RGB front fans.

What budget? What resolution and games? Do you do anything other than games (like rendering)? What PSU do you have?

It's multiple times more powerful than your card.  I believe that you lose next to no performance with a 3070, it's when you go 3080 upwards you lose performance due to bandwidth.  Sorry about the jiggling, thought you were doing that whilst it was on.

6 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What budget? What resolution and games? Do you do anything other than games (like rendering)? What PSU do you have?

I run mainly indie games monitor is 1080p 144fps budget is kinda maxing around the £3-350 mark and I stream occasionally PSU is in sig Antec 650w

6 minutes ago, Grimm Gaming said:

An RX 6600 would be perfect for this. You can also get this one, I have that one myself and it's pretty good but I think the XFX would be better, but I can't confirm since there aren't many reviews on the XFX one.