Ps5 issue

Fzonea

Hi guys, on sunday I had a first problem with my ps5. While i was playing re2 remake suddenly my ps5 lost its connection to controller and then whole system bugged out. I somehow mamaged to get to ui before loosing all functions. I could hear ui sound and i could see animations but nothing would respond. Heck couldnt even turn it off without unplugging. After restarting i started to get video distortions that i managed to fix. To fix them i had to go in safe mode to try different options which meant about 6-7 times powering on and off my ps5. Issue was resolved by deleting everything. So can someone assure me i wont have any power dmg or something cuz of constant turning on and off ps5 for safe mode. Btw now ps5 works just fine. Thanks in advance.

I would assume it's just a software issue. Probably just a bit of corruption on the OS causing instability. 

I figured out the right HDMI CEC steps/settings to avoid the rest mode glitch though. I have an LG CX, PS5 is set to turn off with the TV. If I tell the PS5 to go into rest mode and then hit the power button to turn off the TV, it'll bug and go through the verification process. If I only hit the power button on the TV, which tells the PS5 to sleep, it's fine. I also change inputs before turning off the set so I can use my TV for other things. If I turn everything off on the PS5 input and try to use my Chromecast, the PS5 will turn on. 

7 hours ago, Colty said:

I would assume it's just a software issue. Probably just a bit of corruption on the OS causing instability. 

I figured out the right HDMI CEC steps/settings to avoid the rest mode glitch though. I have an LG CX, PS5 is set to turn off with the TV. If I tell the PS5 to go into rest mode and then hit the power button to turn off the TV, it'll bug and go through the verification process. If I only hit the power button on the TV, which tells the PS5 to sleep, it's fine. I also change inputs before turning off the set so I can use my TV for other things. If I turn everything off on the PS5 input and try to use my Chromecast, the PS5 will turn on. 

. Btw is this normal what happens whem swapping resolutions? You can see its not clean black screen when swapping it has some stuff on it idk how to name it mostly lower part pf screen and middle. You can see a quick grey flash

9 hours ago, Fzonea said:

. Btw is this normal what happens whem swapping resolutions? You can see its not clean black screen when swapping it has some stuff on it idk how to name it mostly lower part pf screen and middle. You can see a quick grey flash

I would assume it's a side effect of the TV. It's normal for a flash/flicker of some sort when you change resolutions/go into out of HDR/SDR.