i9 12900KS runs very HOT

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

If you want it lower, look into undervolting, a beefier cooler or maybe the Thermal Grizzly Contact Frame.

I will say that in many of the early reviews for even the 12900k, the Corsair H150i was what quite a few publications where using and saw what you're seeing. Switching to a different AIO helped significantly. Throw an Arctic 420 at it. 

Hi,

I have a gigabyte Z690 auros Elite ddr4 paired with a i9 12900KS and the cpu runs very hot during extreme cpu benchmarks, it reaches almost 100 C. Everything is at stock settings and nothing is overclocked. I know this is a hard cpu to cool but I'm just wondering if this is normal. the cpu cooler I'm using is a corsair H150i RGB PRO XT with LGA 1700 brackets and the thermal paste I'm using is thermal grizzly. The idle temprature is around 30 C and when in normal use (like just gaming) it's around 65 C to 78 C. Should I be worried ?

3 minutes ago, Super panda said:

Hi,

I have a gigabyte Z690 auros Elite ddr4 paired with a i9 12900KS and the cpu runs very hot during extreme cpu benchmarks, it reaches almost 100 C. Everything is at stock settings and nothing is overclocked. I know this is a hard cpu to cool but I'm just wondering if this is normal. the cpu cooler I'm using is a corsair H150i RGB PRO XT with LGA 1700 brackets and the thermal paste I'm using is thermal grizzly. The idle temprature is around 30 C and when in normal use (like just gaming) it's around 65 C to 78 C. Should I be worried ?

I wouldn’t worry.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

If you want it lower, look into undervolting, a beefier cooler or maybe the Thermal Grizzly Contact Frame.

I will say that in many of the early reviews for even the 12900k, the Corsair H150i was what quite a few publications where using and saw what you're seeing. Switching to a different AIO helped significantly. Throw an Arctic 420 at it.