I'm trying to move all my information off my drives to one ssd

Hello. I am upgrading my computer and I want to have all my information on my desktop moved to a single ssd; the ones you slide directly into your motherboard, so it'll (hopefully) be super fast. I have a couple questions though.

1. What's the best way of combining all the information from 2 drives into 1. I Have a 1tb hard drive boot drive and a 120gb ssd. I honestly only have like 500gb in total of information, but I decided to get an ssd to run my more important applications off of. Since my hard drive is larger, I will be transferring all of the information from the ssd onto the hard drive, or atleast that's what I want to do. My current motherboard doesn't have the ssd slot in it, so I can't simply just insert the ssd and transfer everything onto that.

2. How do I get all the combined information off of the hard drive onto my new ssd (also 1tb). My plan is to plug my old hd onto my new motherboard with the new ssd inserted, then transferring it like that, but is that possible since im transferring a copy of windows.

3. Do I have to buy a new copy of windows. 

4. Is it safe to store stuff on my boot drive. I really like to stay organized and it would be awesome to just have one drive for everything.

What do you mean exactly by "information" ? I mean stuff like photos, Office files etc can be transferred easily from one drive to another, but all programs (whatever the genre, drivers, utilities/tools, office/productivity, games..) need to be "installed" to the OS, you can't just move them around (could work with pre Windows or indie software, but not even sure)

So if you want to "transfer" a 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD (half filled) to one new 1TB SSD, you should :

1. Reinstall Windows on the new drive, transferring it is a call to endless issues - you can reuse your current key unless it is OEM restricted 
  2. Reinstall all of your software/games from scratch
  3. Then you can copy to your leisure your photos/movies/office etc.. personal files
  4. Note that for saved games and such, it's a pita to copy them because they end up in specific folders according to each game, simplest modern method is to use cloud saves for Steam/Epic/GoG/whatever, but for the others one you'll have to check file locations and copy them back to the new drive...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

53 minutes ago, PresidentZach said:

Hello. I am upgrading my computer and I want to have all my information on my desktop moved to a single ssd; the ones you slide directly into your motherboard, so it'll (hopefully) be super fast. I have a couple questions though.

1. What's the best way of combining all the information from 2 drives into 1. I Have a 1tb hard drive boot drive and a 120gb ssd. I honestly only have like 500gb in total of information, but I decided to get an ssd to run my more important applications off of. Since my hard drive is larger, I will be transferring all of the information from the ssd onto the hard drive, or atleast that's what I want to do. My current motherboard doesn't have the ssd slot in it, so I can't simply just insert the ssd and transfer everything onto that.

2. How do I get all the combined information off of the hard drive onto my new ssd (also 1tb). My plan is to plug my old hd onto my new motherboard with the new ssd inserted, then transferring it like that, but is that possible since im transferring a copy of windows.

3. Do I have to buy a new copy of windows. 

4. Is it safe to store stuff on my boot drive. I really like to stay organized and it would be awesome to just have one drive for everything.

1. Uh... Copy then paste.
2. If you want to clone windows to another drive you need to use a software. But I'd say it's best if you just reinstall windows on the new drive.
3. No as long you still have the key
4. Define safe.

You can create a partition to store files, that way whenever you need to reinstall windows, your data will be safe.
But if that one drive breaks, then it's bye bye everything.

Also it's better to not fill an SSD to the brim. You'll get lower perf.
Being organized isn't about putting everything on 1 drive, it's about being not messy.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.