PC won't boot after disabling CSM

Hi, I am trying to enable the SMART ACCESS MEMORY on my gigabyte b550 mobo. one of the requirements for SAM to work is to disable CSM. when I disable CSM my PC won't boot to windows, It just goes back to BIOS and it does not detect any bootable device. When I enable CSM it does boot windows. Any work around on this? 

CPU: ryzen 5 5600g

GPU: Sapphire RX 6600 

MOBO: Gigabyte b550

Sounds like you got "legacy" install of Windows. Launch powershell and type $env:firmware_type and check what is says. If it says legacy, follow this guide. If not, let us know.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It does say Legacy. If I follow the guide above. this part "After you complete the steps, several actions will take place, including validation of the drive and creation of an EFI system partition (ESP). The UEFI boot files and GPT components will be added to the partition. Then the MBR2GPT tool will update the Boot Configuration Data (BCD), and the previous letter will be added to the drive." - is it like installing windows? Sorry I am not very at this. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, RobbAngelo said:

It does say Legacy. If I follow the guide above. this part "After you complete the steps, several actions will take place, including validation of the drive and creation of an EFI system partition (ESP). The UEFI boot files and GPT components will be added to the partition. Then the MBR2GPT tool will update the Boot Configuration Data (BCD), and the previous letter will be added to the drive." - is it like installing windows? Sorry I am not very at this. Thanks. 

If by that you mean like you clean install and a data wipe, no.

It basically just convert your drive from MBR to GPT.
Creates EFI partition on your boot drive & put the stuffs needed for UEFI boot.
Your data should still be intact, although if you can back it up, may as well do it if you're afraid.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

19 minutes ago, RobbAngelo said:

Saw this. Is this the same? 

Pretty much yeah.
The method SansVarnic gave in this forum is running the command prompt from Windows PE (Pre-installation Environment)
The method in the video you linked is running the command prompt from outside Windows PE. Hence the extra command.

/allowFullOS 	By default, MBR2GPT.exe is blocked unless it is run from Windows PE. 
This option overrides this block and enables disk conversion while running in the full Windows environment.
Note: Since the existing MBR system partition is in use while running the full Windows environment, it cannot be reused. 
In this case, a new ESP is created by shrinking the OS partition.
(ESP = EFI System Partition)

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I have done all of the above and it does say GPT now. Thank you! Now how do I set the boot mode to UEFI? using a gigabyte b550 with F14 bios version. 

Hi guys. I tried the one you suggested above. It says disk failed when I try to validate it. Any ideas? Thanks! This what my disk management looks like.

My OS is installed in Disk 1. 

image.png.b1d1adf70cdbb04eb015f9711e652b3b.png