Fractal's New Pop series includes color options and two bottom mounted ODD's

TVwazhere

Summary

NEW CASES... with multiple chasis colors with ODD's? Very interesting. 

Pop-Family-01-2560-1440x810.jpg

Quotes

Experience a fusion of style and function with Pop Series. Open up for more airflow with Pop Air or cut down on sound with Pop Silent. Whichever path you choose, Pop Series will provide you with a solid build, a straight-forward layout, and will serve as a stylish addition to your desk space.

With their Define range you get a number of options included at a fairly high price. By contrast Pop relies on optional accessories such as extra drive mounts and USB Type-C for the front I/O panel to keep the price low.

We are confident that Fractal Design is directly targeting Phanteks Eclipse with the Pop series and we are very keen to see how this welcome competition helps the enthusiast that is working on a tight budget.

My thoughts

Whoever Fractal is targeting to come with this case, there are clear cost cuts to get this to $90. At this price range, given the feature set Most people will likely opt for the 4000D when it gets below $100 USD again, or down to the Coolermaster NR600 (For those looking for that H510 boxy minimalistic look) There's no substitute for anyone looking for a cheap good build quality for price with two ODD bays, but for anyone else there's probably other things to consider, assuming you can get previously cheaper cases like the Lancool 215, P400A or 4000D for their launch prices, Or if the Pop series ends up above $100 after launch.

Sources

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/pop/

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/leo-waldock/fractal-design-pop-air-review-bye-bye-meshify/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Anybody know of a site with all of the color variations pictured? I've seen at least three in different reviews but no full lineup. I'm always interested when case brands rediscover that colors besides black, white, and gray exist. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Anybody know of a site with all of the color variations pictured? I've seen at least three in different reviews but no full lineup. I'm always interested when case brands rediscover that colors besides black, white, and gray exist. 

Timestamp from the GN video

Presumably these will also be available in the white configuration too. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

They're probably targeting school & office ? Also maybe old-school users that still need 5.25 bays a lot.
Although it might be a good idea to DIY an LCD into that bay.

But yeah, it's something different in not a bad way IMHO.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

18 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Although it might be a good idea to DIY an LCD into that bay.

Those did exist for a time.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/dual-5-25-bay-lcd-ish-bling.1569925/post-24308488
There are many expansion ones too for front USB's and analog fan controllers too. 

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Those did exist for a time.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/dual-5-25-bay-lcd-ish-bling.1569925/post-24308488
There are many expansion ones too for front USB's and analog fan controllers too. 

Yeah.
There's still some floating around at aliexpress.

I was thinking DIYing something like JayzTwoCent did.
Standard 5.25bays usually up top, this one is at the bottom, so if the pc case is on table, the LCD w
ill be viewable easily.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.