Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Proper airflow for my CPU

Carl59

What would be the best airflow setup for my CPU with  DeepCool Matrexx 55 PC Case? I can only put 4 system fans in the case because my MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard only has 4 system fan connectors.

R5 2600 (stock cooler)

RX 590

G.SKILL 16 GB 3000mhz RAM

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS

APACER SSD SATA3 500GB

DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 (not the mesh version)

x5 ARCTIC P12 PWM

2 front, 1 back, 1 top (just above the back fan). Or, 3 front and 1 back would do just fine.

11 minutes ago, Carl59 said:

I can only put 4 system fans in the case because my MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard only has 4 system fan connectors.

Use PWM fan splitter like what's below, so you can use 1 port for multiple fans.

Spoiler

Jual PWM Fan Splitter 4pin Adapter Cable 1 to 1 2 3 4 Computer CPU Fan  Splitter PC Fan Extension Power Ca Indonesia|Shopee Indonesia

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 3.2 GHz 4C/4T CPU || ASRock B75M Motherboard || Hynix 8 GB + Team Group 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 + LG L177WSB Monitors || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Acer Aspire 4253, runs as NAS 24/7

AMD E-350 1.6 GHz 2C/2T CPU || 3 GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM || 1 TB HDD for whole family movie pleasure

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage  || 64GB SanDisk Ultra (80MB/s Read) External Storage || Resurrection Remix Custom ROM

Audio

Some random 2.1 home-theater speakers with old computer speaker amplifier. It sounds good af tho. || dbE DJ100 Headphone || Rock Space Obsidian Earphone || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

In addition to what @TukangUsapEmenqsaid. Consider what direction your fans are pushing air. I tend to believe in a 'positive pressure' configuration of fans. That is, the fans are pushing more air into the case than other fans are pulling out. Try to use any areas where there is filter material as intake, and areas without filtering as exhaust - with more intake fans than exhaust. This positive pressure prevents the exhaust fans from puling air in from non-filtered holes in the case. And as such, keeps dust inside the case to a minimum.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

13 minutes ago, Carl59 said:

What would be the best airflow setup for my CPU with  DeepCool Matrexx 55 PC Case? I can only put 4 system fans in the case because my MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard only has 4 system fan connectors.

3 or 2 in the front as intake, if you went with 3 in the front put one in the back as exhaust if you went 2 in the front you can put one at the back as exhaust and one at the top of the case also as exhaust 

If your fans allow, you could also daisy-chain them, so multiple fans work off the one header.

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

Is it the matrex 55 mesh?

This is important as the mesh will allow you to use less fans at the front & possibly utilise a fan elsewhere to help with airflow.

I went with the 5pack Arctic P12 PWM fans and they reduced my temperatures by 20 degrees. Appreciate everyone for your suggestions.

R5 2600 (stock cooler)

RX 590

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS

APACER SSD SATA3 500GB

x5 ARCTIC P12 PWM

2 hours ago, Carl59 said:

I went with the 5pack Arctic P12 PWM fans and they reduced my temperatures by 20 degrees. Appreciate your suggestions.

Did you get the PST ones that daisy-chain together, so you can use more than one off a motherboard header?

2 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Did you get the PST ones that daisy-chain together, so you can use more than one off a motherboard header?

Yes, but I didn't expect them to come with a fan splitter because where I'm from a single fan splitter costs 12€ which is way too expensive so I feel like I got a pretty good deal for my money.

R5 2600 (stock cooler)

RX 590

MSI B450M GAMING PLUS

APACER SSD SATA3 500GB

x5 ARCTIC P12 PWM

5 hours ago, Carl59 said:

Yes, but I didn't expect them to come with a fan splitter because where I'm from a single fan splitter costs 12€ which is way too expensive so I feel like I got a pretty good deal for my money.

Good move. The results speak for themselves ❄