what are the chances that the A.M.D demo cpu was not the 7950x

I doubt they would show the top of the line straight off.

It is very unlikely that they showed something that was not binned. It is either 7950x or an engineering sample that is binned on the level of 7950x.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, shreshta said:

just a random thought 

@shreshta this topic is what we call a low effort post, please be sure to add more than just your question in the title, give substance and other context to help encourage discussion, this is proper forum etiquette. 

For random thoughts and other similar things, we have a Status Update feature you may want to check out.

https://linustechtips.com/status/new/

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Ideally you clarify WHICH demo as at the moment I'm having to guess.

It depends on the launch date.

If it's further off, it'll be a binned engineering sample that will be SIMILAR to a released product but not exactly the same.

If the launch is close then it'll likely be a binned part.

Either way, binning won't do more than shift figures by a few percent and the last few demos from AMD (2019 onward) have been pretty conservative, I think initial reviews usually showed slightly better performance.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800