Planning on being Frankenstein, will this monster stir to life?

rving
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

No. you can only render with 1 API at the same time.

My PC is a i9 9900k on Z390 Aorus Master, with Zotac 3080 Trinity OC. PSU is RM1000X. 

Last night, I managed to do something I've never done before and snagged a place in a flash sale. Managed to bag a Asus ROG Strix Liquid Cooled Radeon RX 6900 XT, at RX 6700 XT / 3070 prices (50 % off retail). From an authorized retailer, with free upcoming titles - forspoken, saints row and sniper elite 5. And a 'back to school' backpack. 🥳🤩🤑😜

I need the 3080 for resolve and ML, so that stays in my system.

Frankenstein's query - 

Will applications (resolve/blender, not games) be able to use rtx 3080 and rx 6900xt (Cuda and OpenCL at same time in Resolve) simultaneously? Will I be able to boot with both cards in the first place (display output on RTX)

Tried googling with little success. Then remembered LTT answers the really crazy qns.

No. you can only render with 1 API at the same time.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Both blender and resolve you need to choose one or the other.

For blender the 3080 is the default choice not a single doubt about it. The moment you let it ray trace accelerate the 6900xt becomes a very very very distant second.

Even letting all the cards render in opengl togheter would probably at best match a ray tracing 3080.

Id  just sell the extra cards off here. You dont have a use for them

That's what I thought.. Will probably do that.

It was the original plan, but wanted to check once with the community

Thank you guys!