What CPU should i buy that is compatible with my motherboard?

I'm using duo core CPU right now (AMD A6-7480), and i have a f2a68hm-s1 motherboard, and a GTX 650, what CPU should I buy that is compatible with my motherboard?

If the CPU is still working for you, keep using it until it stops and save your money for something a bit more modern. Any CPU you buy for that board will be effectively E-Waste, every new CPU being sold today is double the speed of the fastest chip you can put on that board. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If the CPU is still working for you, keep using it until it stops and save your money for something a bit more modern. Any CPU you buy for that board will be effectively E-Waste, every new CPU being sold today is double the speed of the fastest chip you can put on that board. 

This. For not much more money you can likely get a used mobo and CPU that is a lot faster. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

6 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

This. For not much more money you can likely get a used mobo and CPU that is a lot faster. 

Thanks, but rtx 2080 is kinda expensive, so can i replace it with 1050-ti?

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

yes the cpu is still working, but i just cant resist having 30 fps on r6 with stutters and frame rate drop:<

3 minutes ago, YONK0000 said:

You were asking about CPUs, where did this come from?

2 minutes ago, YONK0000 said:

yes the cpu is still working, but i just cant resist having 30 fps on r6 with stutters and frame rate drop:<

And a new CPU on that platform will likely just raise it to 40FPS with stutters and frame drops instead. Save up for like a month and go for something used, maybe 1st/2nd gen Ryzen or a new i3 12100F and H610 board with some new RAM. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You were asking about CPUs, where did this come from?

And a new CPU on that platform will likely just raise it to 40FPS with stutters and frame drops instead. Save up for like a month and go for something used, maybe 1st/2nd gen Ryzen or a new i3 12100F and H610 board with some new RAM. 

alr, thanks!

Well, I wonder if you're using FM2 socket or FM2+ socket. If you are interested, you can try to find A10 7870K. It has quad core (though only 2 Floating Point Processor). If you can get that processor for maybe around USD15 or 20, it's a good upgrade, though you won't see lots of performance bump when you play modern games.

But FM2+ system is very very old, so I think you might better save some money to get a decent PC.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

1 hour ago, YONK0000 said:

Huh? 2080 is a GPU, not a CPU.

But the point we are making is, no CPU that will work on that mobo will be "worth it" to upgrade to. You would need a serious system overhaul to have any meaningful gains unfortunately, and spending a few bucks on a new (and still really slow) CPU doesn't make sense, cuz if you save say 2 or 3x that money, instead of getting a 10-15% improvement (which from 30 FPS would be 35 FPS at best), you would get over 100% improvement.

To follow back up on the 2080 thing, maybe you were reading my signature? Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17- etc etc? If so, that is my PC, lol.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

There is no cpu worth getting for your platform. Even the best one is still very bad for gaming and will not deliver a good experience no matter what gpu you usem

10 hours ago, YONK0000 said:

To add on to my last reply. Even with the best cpu you can get (the athlon II X4 880K) You will see almost no improvement. As its simply too weak