Messing with Ip network now won't let my Computer use the Lan Cable

So I wanted to try and start a Terraria Server with my friends because I felt that it would be easier if my friends got on when they wanted to and not need me to do it. So I followed a guide that pointed me to the ip for my network provider (Frontier) and I went into the Firewall Section, then into Port Fowarding, logged in and basically followed what the guide told me 

So after I followed that step, Immediately after my Lan connection stopped working. Thankfully my rig has wifi that I can use but it makes it a pain as it can randomly disconnect and my ping can be very explosive. From my troubleshooting, I figured out that the Lan cable works with a separate computer I have from a lended friend and the connection works just fine. I decided to reinstall windows 10 in the hope of fixing the issue but it has done nothing. I'm left very confused on where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also followed the process of opening CMD as an administrator following the process of Netsh... to try and I guess reset the ip but it hasn't done anything after I've restarted.

11 minutes ago, Solosalvador said:

So I wanted to try and start a Terraria Server with my friends because I felt that it would be easier if my friends got on when they wanted to and not need me to do it. So I followed a guide that pointed me to the ip for my network provider (Frontier) and I went into the Firewall Section, then into Port Fowarding, logged in and basically followed what the guide told me 

So after I followed that step, Immediately after my Lan connection stopped working. Thankfully my rig has wifi that I can use but it makes it a pain as it can randomly disconnect and my ping can be very explosive. From my troubleshooting, I figured out that the Lan cable works with a separate computer I have from a lended friend and the connection works just fine. I decided to reinstall windows 10 in the hope of fixing the issue but it has done nothing. I'm left very confused on where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also followed the process of opening CMD as an administrator following the process of Netsh... to try and I guess reset the ip but it hasn't done anything after I've restarted.

To save me from watching a video… can you tell us what changes you made?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

7 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

Just reverse all the things that the "guide" told you.

How would I reverse it? I deleted the result of it afterwards but it hasn't done anything

15 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

To save me from watching a video… can you tell us what changes you made?

image.png.2b33b67f3e2ef584af12e482881d5f99.png

I filled out the information here and I found most of it using "Ipconfig" on Cmd, after entering most of the information and adding it, that's when my connection stopped working.

4 minutes ago, Solosalvador said:

image.png.2b33b67f3e2ef584af12e482881d5f99.png

I filled out the information here and I found most of it using "Ipconfig" on Cmd, after entering most of the information and adding it, that's when my connection stopped working.

Just delete everything. That is your routers firewall, not sure how you would have caused your LAN to stop working as a result, but just remove the entry you crested. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

2 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Just delete everything. That is your routers firewall, not sure how you would have caused your LAN to stop working as a result, but just remove the entry you crested. 

image.png.19c80383f02002557fb40653a146293f.png

I deleted it afterwards when my connection stopped working so I'm not sure what the problem would be now, would the internet provider be able to help with this issue?

1 hour ago, Solosalvador said:

image.png.19c80383f02002557fb40653a146293f.png

I deleted it afterwards when my connection stopped working so I'm not sure what the problem would be now, would the internet provider be able to help with this issue?

No, your ISP will not care... its not their problem. Whatever is happening is happening on your side of the firewall.

Have you rebooted your PC and your router? Do that first....

Did you change any settings on your PC?

Did you do anything with the words "static IP"? If so that could be it. 

As mentioned delete all rules in that port forwarding section on your router. Unplug and re-plug your router.

On your computer open the command prompt. Run: ipconfig /release

wait for it to finish

ipconfig /renew

If all fails, did you mess with the "Network Connections" on your PC and accidentally disable the ethernet port?

1 hour ago, LIGISTX said:

No, your ISP will not care... its not their problem. Whatever is happening is happening on your side of the firewall.

Have you rebooted your PC and your router? Do that first....

Did you change any settings on your PC?

I haven't gotten the chance to reboot my router but if I can I will, as for settings, I looked into using the windows troubleshooter which stated that the ip doesn't have a proper config or something. I just searched up some videos for the issue which brought up using the CMD to put in the commands concerning the ipconfig

45 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Did you do anything with the words "static IP"? If so that could be it. 

As mentioned delete all rules in that port forwarding section on your router. Unplug and re-plug your router.

On your computer open the command prompt. Run: ipconfig /release

wait for it to finish

ipconfig /renew

If all fails, did you mess with the "Network Connections" on your PC and accidentally disable the ethernet port?

I've done ipconfig release but I don't think that I did it with the router off, so I'll have to try that.

5 minutes ago, Solosalvador said:

I've done ipconfig release but I don't think that I did it with the router off, so I'll have to try that.

just make sure to run ipconfig /renew with your router turned on after you release, or you will be stuck with no IP address at all.

54 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

just make sure to run ipconfig /renew with your router turned on after you release, or you will be stuck with no IP address at all.

So should I do that with the lan cable plugged in or should I keep it off the pc?

9 hours ago, Solosalvador said:

So should I do that with the lan cable plugged in or should I keep it off the pc?

I would do it with Ethernet plugged in, and fully disconnect the PC from wifi. Right click and forget the network 

On 6/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, alexjzim said:

I would do it with Ethernet plugged in, and fully disconnect the PC from wifi. Right click and forget the network 

I finally got the chance to try it out and this happened while I ran the ipconfig /renew command

aasdasd.thumb.png.a11a31c373ddd878f11a9bd4b0471251.png

Any idea on where to go from here?

22 hours ago, Solosalvador said:

I finally got the chance to try it out and this happened while I ran the ipconfig /renew command

aasdasd.thumb.png.a11a31c373ddd878f11a9bd4b0471251.png

Any idea on where to go from here?

Are you still connected to WiFi? If so that's what it means, you are already obtaining an IP address via WiFi.  You need to fully forget your WiFi network from the computer, not just turn it off. I think ipconfig /renew will turn WiFi back on.

Forget your WiFi network on the computer.  Leave ethernet plugged in and leave your router turned on.  Then on the computer run ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew one after the other.  If it connects back on WiFi, you did not do it right. Ideally it will give you an IP over ethernet with no errors.

If this does not fix the issue, there is a still a setting either on your PC or Router that is causing a misconfig. It is definitely fixable, but would require more info to know where the issue is.