After Bios update, windows doesn't start

hello, i need help because i don't know what happened, my pc was working perfectly before this, but i decided to update to the latest available bios version for MSI b350m bazooka because i plan to buy a ryzen 5 5600x, which on this motherboard is not compatible without upgrading

So what I did was download the bios file and put it on the flash drive, I went to m-flash, it reached 100% and updated everything correctly, but when the computer restarted the first thing I noticed was that my bios configuration was reset , I don't know if that's normal, but the problem comes when I can't get past the bios screen, my windows just doesn't start, and it sends me directly to the bios, I tried to restore the factory settings and it didn't help either, Another one I tried to do was to flash a previous bios that worked fine for me, but when I try to update using m-flash, it just doesn't start the update, when I select the file from my pendrive it stays black (I can continue moving the mouse and selecting the file again but does not start the update)
what went wrong? I'm worried please help

For the people who want to actually read the POST:

Spoiler

hello, i need help because i don't know what happened, my pc was working perfectly before this, but i decided to update to the latest available bios version for MSI b350m bazooka because i plan to buy a ryzen 5 5600x, which on this motherboard is not compatible without upgrading

So what I did was download the bios file and put it on the flash drive, I went to m-flash, it reached 100% and updated everything correctly, but when the computer restarted the first thing I noticed was that my bios configuration was reset , I don't know if that's normal, but the problem comes when I can't get past the bios screen, my windows just doesn't start, and it sends me directly to the bios, I tried to restore the factory settings and it didn't help either, Another one I tried to do was to flash a previous bios that worked fine for me, but when I try to update using m-flash, it just doesn't start the update, when I select the file from my pendrive it stays black (I can continue moving the mouse and selecting the file again but does not start the update) what went wrong? I'm worried please help

Yes it's normal for your BIOS configuration to be reset. What might have happened was your old Windows install was a MBR style and the BIOS you updated to is one designed for Windows 11. Those two things don't mix by default. What you should do is go into the BIOS, make sure CSM is enabled, disable Secure Boot, and disable TPM, then see if the system will boot.

41 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

For the people who want to actually read the POST:

Reveal hidden contents

So what I did was download the bios file and put it on the flash drive, I went to m-flash, it reached 100% and updated everything correctly, but when the computer restarted the first thing I noticed was that my bios configuration was reset , I don't know if that's normal, but the problem comes when I can't get past the bios screen, my windows just doesn't start, and it sends me directly to the bios, I tried to restore the factory settings and it didn't help either, Another one I tried to do was to flash a previous bios that worked fine for me, but when I try to update using m-flash, it just doesn't start the update, when I select the file from my pendrive it stays black (I can continue moving the mouse and selecting the file again but does not start the update) what went wrong? I'm worried please help

Yes it's normal for your BIOS configuration to be reset. What might have happened was your old Windows install was a MBR style and the BIOS you updated to is one designed for Windows 11. Those two things don't mix by default. What you should do is go into the BIOS, make sure CSM is enabled, disable Secure Boot, and disable TPM, then see if the system will boot.

Ooh yes, the ssd where I have my windows is MBR, and sorry for the question, but will activating or deactivating these options erase or damage the data on my disks or something like that? I'm a bit scared of losing something

And yes, now that you mention it, I read that in the bios patch notes said "change the default setting of secure boot" it could be that? although i saw CSM is enabled, and TPM disabled (but I saw that it was enabled by default when updating the bios, so I turn it off later) i saw boot mode is on legacy + uefi too, I don't know if that's related, but it was like that before the update anyway

1 minute ago, Roguen1 said:

but will activating or deactivating these options erase or damage the data on my disks or something like that? I'm a bit scared of losing something

Nope, you can change them around no problem. They can just affect whether you can boot to the OS, so since you can't boot anyway there's not really a problem in messing with them. They don't touch anything on the drives. 

3 minutes ago, Roguen1 said:

And yes, now that you mention it, I read that in the bios patch notes said "change the default setting of secure boot" it could be that? although i saw CSM is enabled, and TPM disabled (but I saw that it was enabled by default when updating the bios, so I turn it off later) i saw boot mode is on legacy + uefi too, I don't know if that's related, but it was like that before the update anyway

It could be secure boot being enabled, I've seen secure boot cause some weird issues before on MBR systems, though if CSM is enabled and it can boot legacy there might be some other weird issue going on here. 

When it comes to BIOS updates "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" !

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nope, you can change them around no problem. They can just affect whether you can boot to the OS, so since you can't boot anyway there's not really a problem in messing with them. They don't touch anything on the drives. 

It could be secure boot being enabled, I've seen secure boot cause some weird issues before on MBR systems, though if CSM is enabled and it can boot legacy there might be some other weird issue going on here. 

I see... well I'll check everything again tomorrow and see those options anyway, I've also noticed that when I press F11 to see the boot menu, I don't see anything related to Windows, only my pendrive, I don't know if that's normal too

1 minute ago, Roguen1 said:

I've also noticed that when I press F11 to see the boot menu, I don't see anything related to Windows, only my pendrive, I don't know if that's normal too

That is not normal. I'd check to make sure the drive is still showing up in the BIOS (I forget where MSI puts that setting in BIOS). 

15 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

When it comes to BIOS updates "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" !

yes, you're right 😞, but i had to do it, for ryzen 5000 series compatibility on my old mother

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That is not normal. I'd check to make sure the drive is still showing up in the BIOS (I forget where MSI puts that setting in BIOS). 

Yes, i saw it there, XPG 512gb m.2, and my other drives as well

I managed to fix it! i switched from csm to UEFI, turned off secure boot and back to csm again, I don't know why but somehow that fixed it and windows is booting again normally, thank you so much for your help