Need Tips on PSU for 12th Gen INTEL

Diooooo

Hello,

I would like to know which PSU should work with the new 12th Gen Alder lake CPU's from Intel. My old EVGA 750 G2 Supernova PSU CPU connectors do not match with the ones on my MB. I can only plug 2X4 pins on each 8 pins CPU connectors. The other 4 pins plugs do not match when you compare the shapes on the MB and the PSU cable pins. On the picture attached, blue = can plug, red can't plug.

I don't want to buy a new PSU and have the same problems. My new MB is MSI PRO Z690-A

Thanks!

CPU 8 pins.PNG

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just fill in one of the 8 pin connectors, and leave the other empty, you normally only need one of those filled to boot, and the second is for heavy overclocking.

Thanks for your reply Wizardy. But I can't fill 1X8 PIN, The connectors do not match. I can only fill 1X4 pin on each 8 pin.

Are you sure you have them oriented correctly? Sounds like it might be as simple as switched side-to-side or upside down.

To make this more clear. See attached picture. When I say the connectors do not match. Compare to my first picture on my original post. It should be "round, square, square, round" like on the MB. But the cable is "round, square, round, round". And it should also be "square, round, round square" but the cable is "square, round, round, round" Hopefully you guys see how I can't put them in.

And the cables are labelled CPU

20220628_185713.jpg

15 minutes ago, Diooooo said:

To make this more clear. See attached picture. When I say the connectors do not match. Compare to my first picture on my original post. It should be "round, square, square, round" like on the MB. But the cable is "round, square, round, round". And it should also be "square, round, round square" but the cable is "square, round, round, round" Hopefully you guys see how I can't put them in.

And the cables are labelled CPU

20220628_185713.jpg

just put them togeather lol like put the pair of 4 pins in the 8 pin it should work as normal

CPU power connectors have been unchanged on motherboards for decades.  It's the ATX standard.  The only way to screw it up would be if you're holding a PCIe 8 pin power cable instead of a CPU 8 pin (or 4+4 which is usually the case).

While we're at it...you really only need to run one of them for any mainstream CPU.  2x8pin is basically pointless on most motherboards outside overclocked Threadripper or Xeon Workstation parts but boy-howdy do tons of mobo manufacturers put 2 of them there just to seem more "extreme".

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Well I'm dumb.... but it finally worked. I tried for like an hour to pop them in today and was so sure it was the pins not matching...

Sorry for the bother

Thanks