Question about RAM

So for the longest time I've been thinking to upgrade my laptops RAM. Currently running only 1x8gb of ram running at 2133Mhz (Data transfering rate) or something like that made by samsung in a SO-DIMM form factor. Would adding 2x8Gb dimms in the laptop make it faster? (Obviously running in dual channel mode). Would it make my games a bit faster and add more "vram" to the integrated gpu (Intel HD 520). Or in other terms dedicate more Ram to igpu and  make it faster??? And would having higher clocked RAM make a performance diffrence in general, like faster loading speeds in games and in general???

Please answer me this question im good with computers but when it comes to RAM I suck butts. 🙂

32 minutes ago, TheChoosenCookie said:

Would it make my games a bit faster and add more "vram" to the integrated gpu (Intel HD 520).

Given your current configuration the iGPU is probably already allocating the amount it needs, which might be 512MB or 1GB. Your BIOS might allow you to change that, but it's not necessarily something you'd expect as a feature on a more basic laptop. as for performance 

33 minutes ago, TheChoosenCookie said:

And would having higher clocked RAM make a performance diffrence in general, like faster loading speeds in games and in general???

Higher speed can make a decent difference, but make sure your laptop can support the improvement. As for going from 1x8 to 2x8, that's the big improvement. Before my girlfriend had her desktop, she had a MacBook with single channel ram. Going to dual channel gave a pretty substantial improvement in fps.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad