Need some suggestions on how I would run each Virtual Machine on its own separate IP / VPN

I am settings up a raspberry pi cluster and running VMware on it. I am planning on running a few virtual machines in order to run a script I made. Long story short, I need each system to run on a separate internet connection and IP address (Ideally an IP address that will stay constant). I've thought about using Linode but I have never used it and I'm not sure what to expect. I've also looked into Deeper Network p2p decentralized hardware VPN's, but I do not think that will fit my use case. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :D

What you're describing is certainly doable with a bunch of Pi's or with Linode. Setting costs aside for a moment, you could do what you want with linode (spin up a handful of virtual machines, all separate, with their own public IP, in about 20 minutes. That time includes signing up for your Linode account and logging into your VM's for the first time.

All my stuff is hosted on AWS now but I used to run everything on Linode. I only left because I had to learn AWS for work and what's a better way then do it with stuff at home :). Linode is awesome.

That said, if you've already got a bunch of Pi's and are putting Vmware on it - which vmware? Workstation? ESX? vCenter? I've never tried to cluster together PI's to do it, but certainly you can have multiple vcenter hosts talking to the central vcenter server that looks after all of them. Then VM's on top of that. Giving each one of those its own Internet is doable but I want to ask, do you just mean they need Internet access? Or do you actually want them on their own separate WAN connection? That's doable too but you'd have to pay for and have 4 internet modems, then have the WAN connections of those available to vCenter, then route the traffic from the local vNIC to that WAN port.

Again, it's all doable, but a lot to explain in a single forum reply :).

If the goal is "I want four tiny servers, each with their own public IP on the Internet" Linode or AWS (or many others) can do that in a heartbeat.

Hope that's helpful!

- D

Awesome! Thankyou so much for the reply. I am planning on using ESX. I will work on it and update when I get it to work! Time to binge some YouTube tutorials and forums haha.