Need to find shop that sell GPU fan cases.

So recently i bought this gpu, asrock rx6600 challenger d, when it arrived i noticed that 2 legs of fan case are broken, so i need to either buy new one or somehow fix it. Tried to search it on sale but no success. Seller is ready to pay for fan case replacement. Image for better understanding of problem.

image.thumb.png.d9ae7630e81f57da1189678ec9445149.png

You should return it, if something happened during shipping you can report it to the seller.

or put some glue / tape around it, that problem should not impact the performance.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I had this happen on 2 used RX470's I bought way-back-when. It's not a big deal as it serves no purpose other than holding the shroud in place.

Have the seller refund you a small amount to make it worth your hassle, then fix it yourself. Go to a hardware store a buy some longer screws and nuts. Drill the shroud all the way through where the legs used to attach, then slip the new screws through the shroud, broken leg pieces (as a spacer), and the heatsink. Tighten the nut on the bottom; you're done.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

Zip tie is quite a good problem solver.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

12 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

You should return it, if something happened during shipping you can report it to the seller.

or put some glue / tape around it, that problem should not impact the performance.

i did it with 2 plastic straps around cooper tubes, works good so far for few days. Seller can replace with other gpus like gtx 1660 super or something, because he had only one rx 6600, and he said he will pay for new fan case if i will find one. 

Also i was thinking to make 2 holes on fan case and screw it with 2 longer bolts. Something like on image, with round head and right size and colour to match fan case, so atleast i would look better.
 image.png.6c814ae762c74b13b5fbc67ed72c0ac3.png

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Zip tie is quite a good problem solver.

Using it right now, it works. First i thought that it migh stretch because of temperature and make contact with fans, but it never go above like 48c, idle 35, gaming 40-45 so should work fine.

2 minutes ago, PaintMaster said:

Using it right now, it works. First i thought that it migh stretch because of temperature and make contact with fans, but it never go above like 48c, idle 35, gaming 40-45 so should work fine.

Remember to get some refund from the seller.

And I suggest not drilling the fan case unless it's really needed.
Well, unless you plan to never sell that GPU.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

13 minutes ago, PaintMaster said:

i did it with 2 plastic straps around cooper tubes, works good so far for few days. Seller can replace with other gpus like gtx 1660 super or something, because he had only one rx 6600, and he said he will pay for new fan case if i will find one. 

Also i was thinking to make 2 holes on fan case and screw it with 2 longer bolts. Something like on image, with round head and right size and colour to match fan case, so atleast i would look better.
 image.png.6c814ae762c74b13b5fbc67ed72c0ac3.png

Don't just glue it. Make sure to just ask the seller for a partial money back refund as you won't be finding a shroud any time soon.

7 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Or you can search for replacement part on Ebay.

Tried to search on every popular marketplace/shop, like amazon, ebay, aliexpress etc, it only show up fans but not fan case.

I guess i should just do nothing with gpu, try to find new fan case and ask seller to refund like 30-50$

1 minute ago, PaintMaster said:

I guess i should just do nothing with gpu, try to find new fan case and ask seller to refund like 30-50$

Or you can go like me. Remove the fan shroud and attach two 120mm fans if it has space for it.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

Or you can go like me. Remove the fan shroud and attach two 120mm fans if it has space for it.

Like this i guess? found this while searching for fan case, its also asrock challenger d but its 5700.
image.png.d9b14d019f81728e8059906d981dffea.png

1 hour ago, PaintMaster said:

Like this i guess? found this while searching for fan case, its also asrock challenger d but its 5700.

Something like that, yeah.

IMG_20220521_180341.jpg

1 hour ago, PaintMaster said:

image.png.d9b14d019f81728e8059906d981dffea.png

best cooling mod you can do for the moeny for gpus on air. only problem is to make sure the fans ramp up when gaming... you can buy vga to pwm adapters kinda expensive of can cut the connector off the existing gpu fans. if you got quiet fans at 100% you can just run them 100% all the time too. you can add 120mm to it but it gets tricky ied recommend 92mm fans

the fan cant go past the top of the pcie pins or it will hit the pci slots.

rx4704gb 004.jpg

rx4704gb 007.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links