CPU rising to 100 deg C with AIO

Hash_m
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Would help to know the specific AIO and CPU you're trying to use, but this really sounds like the pump isn't working. Either it's not plugged in or it's DOA. Check to see if it's plugged in, if it is check to see if it's moving (usually it's touching the CPU block to see if it vibrates but some AIOs have the pump in the radiator instead so touch there), and if it isn't RMA the AIO. 

Hi

My first attempt at building my First pc ,with an AIO, my CPU right after boot was 85-90 then climbed up to 100 C then died.

I reinstalled the cooler put a bit more thermal paste (didn't put on enough) after boot it was 60 C, stayed like that for half a minute then climbed to 80 C another minute passes by then goes back to 100 C then dies, Again.

refitting it helped but I don't know what else the problem could be

Thanks if you can find a solution for this problem

u probably have ur pump speed set low, make sure the pump running at full blast and see again then if its connected to cpu fan just set cpu 100%

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

u probably have ur pump speed set low, make sure the pump running at full blast and see again then if its connected to cpu fan just set cpu 100%

how do I do that? 

Just now, Hash_m said:

how do I do that? 

depends on ur bios but with my board its at monitoring > fan control, in this case it isnt a fan u want to control though but the pump ( the pwm the pump is connected to )

(◑‿◐)

Would help to know the specific AIO and CPU you're trying to use, but this really sounds like the pump isn't working. Either it's not plugged in or it's DOA. Check to see if it's plugged in, if it is check to see if it's moving (usually it's touching the CPU block to see if it vibrates but some AIOs have the pump in the radiator instead so touch there), and if it isn't RMA the AIO. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

aio corsair iCUE H150i cpu ryzen 7 5800x

2 minutes ago, Hash_m said:

aio corsair iCUE H150i cpu ryzen 7 5800x

That's one of the AIOs that has the pump in the CPU block. see if the pump is spinning, if it isn't and you made sure it's plugged in then it's dead and you need to get it replaced.

51 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

because of my messy cable management, the power cable for cpu cooler was off thx for letting me check the wires again