Help me to find the right sleeved extension cable for my build.

Jubair BD

My build >>> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bvBrmr

Hi! I am extremely confused while selecting a compatible white sleeved extension cable for my build. There are so many factors that I don't understand that much. Such as 16 AWG, 18 AWG, 4+4 pin, 24 pin, 8 pin, 6+2 pin etc. Please help me to understand it. Please suggest me a white sleeved cable for my build from Amazon.

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Jubair BD said:

My build >>> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bvBrmr

Hi! I am extremely confused while selecting a compatible white sleeved extension cable for my build. There are so many factors that I don't understand that much. Such as 16 AWG, 18 AWG, 4+4 pin, 24 pin, 8 pin, 6+2 pin etc. Please help me to understand it. Please suggest me a white sleeved cable for my build from Amazon.

Thanks a lot!

AWG is the size (thickness) of the cable used inside the sleeving, lower number = thicker cable = better in terms of quality but it will make the cable less pliable.

For your motherboard you will need :
1x 24-pin ATX
2x 4+4pin EPS or 2x 8pin EPS

For your graphic card you will need :

3x 6+2-pin PCIe  or  3x 8-pin PCIe

8pin EPS is the same as 4+4pin EPS, just that for 4+4pin the connector can be splitted into 4 and 4 (some motherboards only requires 4pin)
8pin PCIe is the same as 6+2pin PCIe, just that for 6+2pin the connector can be splitted into 6 and 2 (some GPU requires 6pin)

My suggestion is to get a splitted end, so that the cable you bought is more versatile.
edit : Also if you can get a 16AWG, get the 16AWG, since it will handle high wattage better (your 3080 is a high wattage beast)

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Okay now it makes sense. Thanks a lot! Is it possible for you to suggest me one from the amazon?

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

AWG is the thickness of the cable used inside the sleeving, lower number = thicker cable = better in terms of quality but it will make the cable less pliable.
For your motherboard you will need :
1x 24-pin ATX
2x 4+4pin EPS or 2x 8pin EPS

For your graphic card you will need :

3x 6+2-pin PCIe  or  3x 8-pin PCIe

Okay now it makes sense. Thanks a lot! Is it possible for you to suggest me one from the amazon?

5 minutes ago, Jubair BD said:

Unfortunately I'm not into sleeved cables, so I can't give you a definite suggestion. Sorry

Maybe wait until other members can chime in.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

So, Jubair I found some sleeved cables, and you might need to buy a lot because of what you need. Anyways, I found some on Amazon, I just don't know if itys right for you.

Amazon.com: LINKUP - 30cm PSU Cable Extension Sleeved Custom Mod GPU PC Braided w/Comb Kit - Compatible with RTX3090┃1 x 24 P (20+4)┃2 x 8 P (4+4) CPU┃3 x 8 P (6+2) GPU Set┃300mm - White : Electronics

You might need to buy 2 of kits with the extension cables just to fit with everything that you need!

They are white and sleeved like you requested!

lee32uk, they need some for the graphics card and motherboard, not just the ones that come with the White RM.

4 minutes ago, BlueWolf_23 said:

lee32uk, they need some for the graphics card and motherboard, not just the ones that come with the White RM.

What ? You think the psu comes with half a set of cables ?

There is Corsair Sleeved Cable Kit if you really want a sleeved one.
This works straight from the PSU, not as extension. Which should be better.
Ask the CSR which Type is it (Type 3, or Type 4)
And refer to Corsair PSU Cable Compatibility List for your PSU.

or just simply ask the CSR if it will suit your Corsair PSU.

If you are curious about voltage drop & what cable extension affects.
Here's a video from @jonnyGURU

Refresh before you reply

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

There is Corsair Sleeved Cable Kit if you really want a sleeved one.
This works straight from the PSU, not as extension. Which should be better.
Ask the CSR which Type is it (Type 3, or Type 4)
And refer to Corsair PSU Cable Compatibility List for your PSU.

or just simply ask the CSR if it will suit your Corsair PSU.

If you are curious about voltage drop & what cable extension affects.
Here's a video from @jonnyGURU

That is a very expensive way of doing it when he could just go with the White RM.

32 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

That is a very expensive way of doing it when he could just go with the White RM.

Well, his original question is white sleeved cable.
So, I'm just giving option based on which I think is the safest one to pick 🙂

Anyway, he didn't mention whether he's just about to build, or it's already built.
But yeah, which option is up to him.

Refresh before you reply

22 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Anyway, he didn't mention whether he's just about to build, or it's already built.

The White RM comes with White cables. If he has already built it then of course that is a different matter 🙂 He could look at Cablemod as well if that is the case.

23 hours ago, BlueWolf_23 said:

So, Jubair I found some sleeved cables, and you might need to buy a lot because of what you need. Anyways, I found some on Amazon, I just don't know if itys right for you.

Amazon.com: LINKUP - 30cm PSU Cable Extension Sleeved Custom Mod GPU PC Braided w/Comb Kit - Compatible with RTX3090┃1 x 24 P (20+4)┃2 x 8 P (4+4) CPU┃3 x 8 P (6+2) GPU Set┃300mm - White : Electronics

image.png.027e4103a7b2391dfddbed16ea9729be.png

Garbage.

And... let's make our 650mm long cables 950mm long.  That won't cause any voltage drop and is easy to cable manage said nobody ever.....

5 hours ago, lee32uk said:

The White RM comes with White cables. If he has already built it then of course that is a different matter 🙂 He could look at Cablemod as well if that is the case.

Right.  They're white wire, not white sleeve, but I think they look fine.  Also nice to have the white PSU housing.  Black PSU in white chassis tends to "jump out" ascetically.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:32 PM, Poinkachu said:

I have everything of the build so can not change the PSU to a white one. I need white sleeved cable PSU extension.

3 hours ago, Jubair BD said:

I have everything of the build so can not change the PSU to a white one. I need white sleeved cable PSU extension.

Nobody needs extensions.  Especially when they have a fully modular PSU.  Didn't you read what people said above?

You need this:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-PSU-Cables-Starter-Kit-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920217

Or this if you want a full set:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-PSU-Cables-Pro-Kit-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920224

If you Google the CP part number, you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.  Example:  https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Premium-Individually-Sleeved-Starter/dp/B07L68G8QZ/

EDIT:  Also it looks like there's a bunch of 10% off coupons floating around for Corsair.com.

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Nobody needs extensions.  Especially when they have a fully modular PSU.  Didn't you read what people said above?

Bro I need to hide the ugly cables by using a white extension. That's all! I just want to know which one I need to buy from amazon.

4 hours ago, Jubair BD said:

Bro I need to hide the ugly cables by using a white extension. That's all! I just want to know which one I need to buy from amazon.

@jonnyGURU has given you the best options. You have already spent the best part of $2500 on your system. Don't cheap out on the most important area. 

A replacement cable set is a much better way of doing things.

11 hours ago, Jubair BD said:

No.  You REPLACE the "ugly cables" with the ones I linked you to.

Not sure how we're losing communication here.

22 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.  You REPLACE the "ugly cables" with the ones I linked you to.

Not sure how we're losing communication here.

Bro, please understand my request. I don't want another set of PSU modular cables. I only want extensions. Why would I spend another $100 to buy another set of cables, instead of buying extension cables for $20/$30

1 hour ago, Jubair BD said:

Bro, please understand my request. I don't want another set of PSU modular cables. I only want extensions. Why would I spend another $100 to buy another set of cables, instead of buying extension cables for $20/$30

Because it's stupid.  Anyone that learned Ohm's law in primary school should be able to figure that out.

You're adding almost 2x the length of cable.  You're adding an additional connector (read: additional point of failure).  You're adding a bunch of slop that you now have to hide.  And if the extensions are only "$20/$30", which seems to be all you want to spend on your $2000+ system, then you're going to get even cheaper crap with low gauge wires and cheap connectors that aren't even treated for flame retardation.

I have seen MY FAIR SHARE of cables burning because of increase resistance.  

That's all I'm going to contribute here.  If you want advice on what extensions to get, I'll let someone else advise you on how to burn down your house.