TV Calibration

Alfredoes
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,

Best way for any technology? Rent or buy a proper colorimeter for monitor calibration, like Datacolor Spyder X. You can jank it by following most of the online guides out there (theyre all mainly the same, shift brightness and hue over reference pictures), but theyre really only as good as your perception, and sometimes would even be worse than dead stock profile given to the TV.

Could someone explain in detail how you would calibrate a TV for colour accuracy? because my own research has been not that good at finding a solid answer and If there is different methods for lcd's vs oled's it would be nice to know. 

With a colorimeter that can properly measure the brightness and colours you want to calibrate for and calibration software. I can't say much more at this point though, as personally it is still on my yet-to-buy/do list so I don't have any actual experience with it yet.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Best way for any technology? Rent or buy a proper colorimeter for monitor calibration, like Datacolor Spyder X. You can jank it by following most of the online guides out there (theyre all mainly the same, shift brightness and hue over reference pictures), but theyre really only as good as your perception, and sometimes would even be worse than dead stock profile given to the TV.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.