Replace "Badges" with Solution Count in the menu when a profile is hovered

RockSolid1106

Talking about this:

Spoiler

image.png.751f0023ed8a153a867cf2ffa2b17f36.png

I'm unsure what this is. Members with F@H badges have this at 0, so it clearly doesn't count the F@H or Boinc types of badges. If it represents anything else, it's probably useless anyway. If mods/admins know, what is it?

Could this instead be replaced by solution count? Or the actual Badge count("Awards" in IPS terminology)?

"Coding skill isn’t about knowing how to make things; It’s about being able to find the right Stack Overflow code to copy paste."

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

1 hour ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I'm unsure what this is. Members with F@H badges have this at 0, so it clearly doesn't count the F@H or Boinc types of badges. If it represents anything else, it's probably useless anyway. If mods/admins know, what is it?

Badges are a system of awards that can be assigned when a member reaches certain milestones that was introduced with the new member ranking system. It can be set up via rules to be automatically awarded for milestones like "Logged in 5 days in a row", "Made a post", "Made 10 posts", "Reacted to a post" and other such triggers. Badges are intended to be a way to encourage member activity. It's a separate system than the "Awards" system (which is also called Badges 🙃) that is used for things such as Folding@Home badges which show under a users profile pic next to their posts and are manually assigned by forum moderators. In my opinion it makes more sense to refer to the old badges as badges and these as awards.

You can learn more about them over on the forum software developer blog: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/drum-roll-please…-announcing-achievements-r1227/

They're currently an unused feature so it would make sense to remove the rank system badge count from the member hover card or replace it with a solution counter. I'm not sure if there are any plans to implement them in the future. The only person with a Badge is @AJJaxNet (one of the FP devs).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Terrible idea. People have a bad way of marking their own posts as solution, or quoting the solution just so they can mark their own post as solution, or worse, not even marking anything solution. Maybe an email survey to the author of a post asking if anyone's post was particularly helpful after a couple days or so.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

The solution count isn't really a useful or commonly referred to metric either though, so I'm not sure there would be much value in adding that either.

HTTP/2 203