B550-F Wifi DRAM QLED Flashing after BSOD wont boot

Go to solution Solved by Scribblesz,

Motherboard dead, currently getting replaced under warranty

Hey, so I'm having an issue please help me

Issue:
My PC wont boot. The DRAM Q-LED is flashing 1 second ON followed by a brief interval of being off.

Prelude:
I bumped my desk, which shook my PC that sits on top, causing my PC to BSOD "clock_watchdog_timeout"

The BSOD for up to 100% but stayed there for a while, but now wont boot.
Quick google said I may have a loose connection somewhere causing the BSOD.

Tried Solutions that didn't work:
- So I dismantled everything of my PC short of removing the mobo from the PC case, and cleaned out the dust.
- I've reseated the CPU twice, no pins were damaged during either removal or replacement.
- I have tried multiple RAM slot configurations, including just a single stick in each slot.
- Cleaned the RAM contacts
- I have used the USB BIOS Flashback to put the latest stable firmware
- I have cleared CMOS by shorting the two contacts for atleast 10 Seconds, and also removing the battery and shorting the contacts for a minute.
- Tried different RAM sticks
- Tried different CPU

Currently in contact with the store I bought the motherboard from to replace it under warranty

Tech Specs:

- 5600X
- ASUS B550-F (WI-FI)
- 2x8Gb DDR4-3600 CL16
- GTX 970
- M.2 Boot
- 1xSSD + 2xHDD Storage
- Corsair HX750 PSU

Edited by Scribblesz
Spelling error, and adding more solutions I've tried

Try to resit the RAM and see if the issue goes away.

You might also want to blow your RAM slot with pressurised air (either from compressed air system or air can) to clear the dust.

If the method didn't help, try to boot your system with 1 RAM to identify which slot or which RAM is having issue.

Also, it could be your BIOS having issue. Try to clear the CMOS setting by shorting clear CMOS pins or pressing the button. See if it boots.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

8 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Try to resit the RAM and see if the issue goes away.

You might also want to blow your RAM slot with pressurised air (either from compressed air system or air can) to clear the dust.

If the method didn't help, try to boot your system with 1 RAM to identify which slot or which RAM is having issue.

Also, it could be your BIOS having issue. Try to clear the CMOS setting by shorting clear CMOS pins or pressing the button. See if it boots.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I have tried all that, including cleaning the Ram contacts, still nothing. I'll edit my original post to add in the steps you've mentioned

I see. Well, there are only 3 things: CPU, Motherboard, RAM. Hopefully it's the RAM, but RAM is pretty much very resilient.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

5 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

I see. Well, there are only 3 things: CPU, Motherboard, RAM. Hopefully it's the RAM, but RAM is pretty much very resilient.

Hey,

My mate came over with a couple sticks of DDR4 Ram, still the same issue.

Borrowed a CPU of another mate, same issue.

So I'm taking my PC back to the shop to get my motherboard checked and then replaced under warranty if that's the issue.

Cheers for the help though

15 hours ago, Scribblesz said:

*Snip

I see. Well, then the motherboard definitely having issue. Hope you can RMA the board.

Motherboard dead, currently getting replaced under warranty