High CPU usage while gaming but not production

davinitii

Hello all new here,

let's get started by offering my specs:

i7-9700f (all they had available in store)

32gb 3000mhz DDR4 RAM

EVGA RTX 3070ti

144hz monitor x2

plenty of power storage etc...

I am having an issue once I upgraded form the RTX 2070 on this system where Destiny 2 and Warzone both run my cpu usage to 75% (meaning with all other processes its at 100%). To be fair I'm unsure if the RTX 2070 had this same issue and I just didn't notice, but I will test tonight to confirm. Now when I am using photoshop, premiere pro, or even after effects there was literally no issue whatsoever. 

So here's the question, should this CPU be enough to handle these games at normal usage like 35-40% when paired with the RTX 3070ti or is this CPU as shite as I expect it is?

Is there a problem with the performance you are getting? Are the games not running at a high enough framerate? Are they stuttering? Are you noticing audio distortion in the games or in other applications while the games are running?

36 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Is there a problem with the performance you are getting? Are the games not running at a high enough framerate? Are they stuttering? Are you noticing audio distortion in the games or in other applications while the games are running?

My bad I forgot to mention the issues in game. While in game I don't notice any issues, but when I went to stream (never done it before) at 1080p everything was stuttering, this is what made me look into why. I had assumed because my wife can stream with literally zero issues at 1080 on a i9-9900k and 2070super that I could but I was way off lol. I assumed the normal cpu usage for this chip would have been around 40% while gaming (which I assume is the case with the 2070, but I'll confirm later) therefore allowing for streaming but with the current setup its a big no lol

I have invested in a i9-11900k cause I got a sweet deal on it and a new motherboard, I just hope its not a setting issue and I spent a bunch of money unnecessarily.

Edited by davinitii
lacking info

28 minutes ago, davinitii said:

I had assumed because my wife can stream with literally zero issues at 1080 on a i9-9900k and 2070super

She's got a faster CPU and slower GPU, so yeah that's going to put less load on the CPU. You could likely get by either by limiting framerate or increasing graphics settings.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2