PC Case Fans going to 100% when GPU gets slightly Hit

Zemon

Hello dear Tech Tippers,

i got a new MSI mainboard and a new i7.

When my CPU gets hit like Cinebench the system is perfectly quit and cool. Tho when my GPU just gets hit the slightest like 15% the Case Fans go crazy and spinn up to 80 or even 100% from what im hearing. MSI Center says that the fans are spinning at 900RPM what so ever and that is aboslutly not true cause my pc is almost taking off. Any recommendations ?

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Zemon said:

Hello dear Tech Tippers,

i got a new MSI mainboard and a new i7.

When my CPU gets hit like Cinebench the system is perfectly quit and cool. Tho when my GPU just gets hit the slightest like 15% the Case Fans go crazy and spinn up to 80 or even 100% from what im hearing. MSI Center says that the fans are spinning at 900RPM what so ever and that is aboslutly not true cause my pc is almost taking off. Any recommendations ?

Cheers

I just started warzone again GPU at 20% and the fans go crazy but ofc msi center says that the system fans are spinning at 600 RPM and the CPU Fans at 900RPM. What a joke

Are you 100% sure it’s not the GPU fans that are spinning fast?

If it’s the case fans, are they all connected to the one fan header or one hub? 

You may just need to change that fan header to be governed by CPU temp instead of GPU temp, either in BIOS or your fan software. 

59 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Are you 100% sure it’s not the GPU fans that are spinning fast?

If it’s the case fans, are they all connected to the one fan header or one hub? 

You may just need to change that fan header to be governed by CPU temp instead of GPU temp, either in BIOS or your fan software. 

Yes I manually set the GPU Fans to 100% and it wasn’t loud at all. The fans are all separate connected to the System Fan Header on the Mainboard. And in the BIOS they are governd by CPU temp 

How many case fans are we talking about? & does it include the CPU fan??

Are there any other SYSFAN headers you can try, to see if they go crazy across the board, so to speak. 

Is your motherboard BIOS updated?

Did you install fan software for your motherboard & maybe forgot about it? - it may have different fan curves to those in your BIOS & may be overriding your BIOS. 

Post a screen of your fan curves if possible.