Is Corsair CV550 enough for my computer?

Curesto

Hello there. My current PSU is dead. I'm looking for a replacement. I don't know what happened to it, system turns on for 5 seconds and shuts down. Current PSU model is Gigabyte P650B bought in March 2020.

I have Intel Xeon X5450 CPU and AMD Radeon R9 280X GPU.

I found Corsair CV550 for good price in my country.

Is it enough for my system?

What version of the cv550 is it? What color is the label.

The reason your gigabyte died is because its a literal BOMB of a psu. It's known to catch fire and kill systems. I hope your system is still alive DO NOT TURN IT ON UNTIL REPLACED and unplug it.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Are there different versions of the CV?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

The reason your gigabyte died is because its a literal BOMB of a psu. It's known to catch fire and kill systems.

Are you mistaking it for the GP P-GM power supplies? Not saying the P650B is a good power supply, but I haven't heard anything about it catching fire and killing systems.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 hours ago, Curesto said:

I found Corsair CV550 for good price in my country.

Is it enough for my system?

Groupregulated PSUs are good for...almost nothing. I'm wondering why they still make that kind of platforms. Get a CV650 because at least it has DC-DC or some other independent regulated PSU. Do you have a link to a webshop?

9 hours ago, jaslion said:

The reason your gigabyte died is because its a literal BOMB of a psu. It's known to catch fire and kill systems. I hope your system is still alive DO NOT TURN IT ON UNTIL REPLACED and unplug it.

Model number: CP-9020210-EU

corsair-cv550-550w-80-bronze-120mm-fanli-psu-1-3d5298.jpg.fd611aef7e965bb67c8f64f225c22b0f.jpg

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Are you mistaking it for the GP P-GM power supplies? Not saying the P650B is a good power supply, but I haven't heard anything about it catching fire and killing systems.

No confused it for the vs series and yes I also confused the gigabyte letters.

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

Nope.  😄

10 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Groupregulated PSUs are good for...almost nothing. I'm wondering why they still make that kind of platforms. Get a CV650 because at least it has DC-DC or some other independent regulated PSU. Do you have a link to a webshop?

Because people are cheap.