Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

samsung folding phone screen protector problems

 Share

so as linus showed on the wan show the screen protectors on the folding phones all have this problem on the gen 3 models where they pop off in the middle i have a flip 3 with the same problem after only 6 months. see below the response from there live chat with me and there own forum post

 

surely we need to put samsung on blast for this is just horrific service and if anything just a massive scam they have come up with were you cant get them replaced, as they just seem to have 0 stock all the time there stores cant get the parts you cant buy them yourself online any were (other then 3rd party ones with god knows what there quality is like and if they will damage the screens or not) and every time you ask them if its under warranty or not the story changes so i have no idea were i stand with it. just to top it all off there live chat just ghosts you soon as you call them out on there crappy service.

 

as some people seem to have missed the point i am making this edit:

what there saying is yes you can remove the screen protector it but just a scratch on the screen means your not getting a warranty which for a touchscreen device is not acceptable there is a huge difference between wear on a device and damage to a device and a scratch on touchscreen device is basically unavoidable and should not void your warranty, if the screens are that sensitive to damage and the solution to that problem is the screen protector that samsung fitted (which other then were they fail on the fold line) is undamaged so its "doing its job" for the most part is needed for the device to work as intended, it is therefore a part of the screen ie a component of the screen and should be covered on the 1 year warranty. But even putting all that aside I CANT BUY THE OEM PART ANYWHERE AND EVEN SAMSUNG THEMSELF CANT GET THE PART TO REPAIR IT EVEN IF I PAY THEM.

 

All i do know is i feel ripped off and am going to end up at some point with a damaged screen that could of been avoid by getting the oem screen protector if i had to pay for it or not its just crazy that i cant buy a screen protector 

 

its the same as buying a car and then the not being able to get engine oil for it or find out what oil it uses so you just have to hope and pray you got the right one 

 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/z-flip-3-screen-protector-replacement/td-p/4619351

 

No description available.

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

 

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not making the situation easier with the wording and then expecting a "yes or no" answer from a question that can be misinterpreted.

Your device will not be covered by manufacturer warranty if it is damaged by you. That applies to all devices and it is common sense.

 

I'm gonna be a corporate bootlicker and say "sucks to suck". What Samsung is doing is hardly different from any phone manufacturer. If the default screen protection is damaged over time, you don't buy one straight from the phone manufacturer. You buy from a 3rd party off Amazon or from a retail store like ZAGG, Belkin, Spigen, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who told you to buy folding phone 😉

CPU Ryzen 5 3600X OC 4.6                  Mobo Asus Tuf Gaming Pro B450                 DDR4 16GB 3600Mhz Corsair Dominator

Gigabyte 1070 Ti              Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240             Cooler MasterMB511 Case With 6 TT White Ring Fans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really get what the fuss is all about.

 

I mean the first paragraph in the screen shot given by the rep is a pretty clear cut answer.

 

Is the screen protector removable?  Yes

What happens to warranty? If you scratch the screen and it fails, you might not be able to get it replaced by warranty.  Understand it from their perspective.  If the screen protector is removed, and someone slices into the plastic screen compromising it.  Water gets in and ruins the screen; that is no longer under warranty.  It's not like they are engineering it to fail either...it's just the practical nature of a folding phone.  I mean sure they might be able to glue on the screen protector to make it not bubble like it did...but then you run into a lot more issues.  It's not even like they are refusing to sell you the parts...they just are out of stock.

 

Honestly, as well, I expected that area of a screen to fail...I mean you have a hinge joint and bending material to that degree is likely to cause wear on it.  If you really wanted to still protect your screen, then just buy a new screen protector.  There are tons of them out there.  Or don't remove it and order a new one from Samsung store and wait for the backorder to be fullfilled.

 

The bit you posted as well they didn't say you wouldn't qualify for a free screen protector either.  The agent was quite clear in what was being said, and instead you berated them about it being a scam.  There isn't anything of a scam.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I don't really get what the fuss is all about.

 

I mean the first paragraph in the screen shot given by the rep is a pretty clear cut answer.

 

Is the screen protector removable?  Yes

What happens to warranty? If you scratch the screen and it fails, you might not be able to get it replaced by warranty.  Understand it from their perspective.  If the screen protector is removed, and someone slices into the plastic screen compromising it.  Water gets in and ruins the screen; that is no longer under warranty.  It's not like they are engineering it to fail either...it's just the practical nature of a folding phone.  I mean sure they might be able to glue on the screen protector to make it not bubble like it did...but then you run into a lot more issues.  It's not even like they are refusing to sell you the parts...they just are out of stock.

 

Honestly, as well, I expected that area of a screen to fail...I mean you have a hinge joint and bending material to that degree is likely to cause wear on it.  If you really wanted to still protect your screen, then just buy a new screen protector.  There are tons of them out there.  Or don't remove it and order a new one from Samsung store and wait for the backorder to be fullfilled.

 

The bit you posted as well they didn't say you wouldn't qualify for a free screen protector either.  The agent was quite clear in what was being said, and instead you berated them about it being a scam.  There isn't anything of a scam.

no you have to pay for the replacement screen protector and will not warranty it at all is what they said even tho they said before they would and the parts have been out of stock online for around 4months and if you ask them about it they just ghost you

 

if you go to a store and have to pay for it replacing they take your phone off you and seemingly just never get it back as they never get stock of them theres multiple threads about it people giving in phones and after 2-3weeks just getting them back after getting pissed off with waiting and waiting and end up never getting them replaced.

 

also my flip 3 is only 6 months old and the protector has failed they wont say if the protector is or isnt structural to the screen if the screen can be damaged with only a scratch then i would argue that the protector is needed for the device to work as intended so it should be covered under the 1 year warranty if the protector is not needed then the screen should be able to withstand a normal amount of wear and tear and with touchscreen devices that means its going to get scratched at some point as that is the nature of its use

 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

 

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hippocheese14 said:

You're not making the situation easier with the wording and then expecting a "yes or no" answer from a question that can be misinterpreted.

Your device will not be covered by manufacturer warranty if it is damaged by you. That applies to all devices and it is common sense.

 

I'm gonna be a corporate bootlicker and say "sucks to suck". What Samsung is doing is hardly different from any phone manufacturer. If the default screen protection is damaged over time, you don't buy one straight from the phone manufacturer. You buy from a 3rd party off Amazon or from a retail store like ZAGG, Belkin, Spigen, etc.

i saw red with them as they just dodged the question like a politician for about 30mins until i finally got that reply and yes if you damage the screen it wont be covered by warranty. If you crack it then ye but if you scratch it theres no warranty, just a scratch! let me repeat that A SCRATCH will void the warranty theres a huge difference between wear and tear and damage to a device and am sorry but for a touch screen device it will get scratched this is going to happen to any and all touch screen devices so no i dont buy it that a scratch will void the warranty on the screen its just a load of bull****, if the screen is that sensitive to damage then the screen protector is therefor structural component to the screen and should be covered by the 1 year warranty of the screen. which they had previously told me it was at which time i had no problem with that when they told me i could go to any samsung store and get a free replacement so i was:

A lied to the first time

B the guy on the chat has no idea what he is on about which is just bad service 

C they changed there warranty policy and wont honour the the contact that people first took out with them before the change

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

 

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CatXice said:

also my flip 3 is only 6 months old and the protector has failed they wont say if the protector is or isnt structural to the screen if the screen can be damaged with only a scratch then i would argue that the protector is needed for the device to work as intended so it should be covered under the 1 year warranty if the protector is not needed then the screen should be able to withstand a normal amount of wear and tear and with touchscreen devices that means its going to get scratched at some point as that is the nature of its use

You have to get an oil change for your vehicle after 6 months/however many miles.  Yet you still have 5-10 years warranty on a vehicle.  I view built on screen protectors on phones as an consumable bit.  No need to warranty a screen protector when standard usage will make it a replaceable part.

 

Again, it's something that I would have assumed prior to buying the phone that it would require a screen protector (with a plastic substrate).  You can easily find plenty of replacements online as well.  (I remember the times phones didn't come with screen protectors and I would always buy 3rd party ones to put on as the first step).

 

The screen itself can still hold up without the protector but it will be more prone to scratches, cuts, cracks.

 

6 hours ago, CatXice said:

also my flip 3 is only 6 months old and the protector has failed they wont say if the protector is or isnt structural to the screen if the screen can be damaged with only a scratch then i would argue that the protector is needed for the device to work as intended so it should be covered under the 1 year warranty if the protector is not needed then the screen should be able to withstand a normal amount of wear and tear and with touchscreen devices that means its going to get scratched at some point as that is the nature of its use

A screen protector is an accessory.  That's a 90 day warranty (for the screen protector itself then).  The phone itself is 1 year.  If you crack your device gets damaged though, and it's due to damage done to the screen then it's not under warranty.

 

6 hours ago, CatXice said:

let me repeat that A SCRATCH will void the warranty theres a huge difference between wear and tear and damage to a device

You are basing it off of what?

 

What you posted shows that you weren't reading what the CSR was writing.  They pretty much spell out that a) it's removable b) being careful regarding damage as it could void a warranty.  You go on saying they aren't giving you a straight answer, when it was a straight answer.

 

If the screen gets scratched, I can totally understand if they don't cover the warranty for lets say a screen repair.  It's plastic instead of glass, you have to be a lot more careful as it can be scratched and gouged a lot easier to the point of damage.

 

It's no different from them not covering waterproof warranty if there is signs the device was dropped

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×