Custom Loop in a NZXT H510?

So I'm highly considering getting a EK classic water-cooling kit along with a gpu block. Problem is that I have a H510 with graphics card (EVGA FTW3 3060 ti) which is a triple fan card that is inches away from the front intake fans. Do you guys think I should keep my H510 and build in it or go on the safer side with something like a 5000d airflow? 

Sorry about the photo, the pc is very clean I just have bad lighting.

IMG_2191[1].JPG

Just now, bmx6454 said:

i would consider a different case either way tbh, the h510 has very poor airflow.

Agreed, minimal rad space aswell. You don't necessarily need to go as big as a 5000d, a 4000d is bigger than the h510 and has great airflow.  But if price isn't a big deal the 5000 will be easier to work in. 

1 minute ago, Stone-Buddha said:

Thanks 

To be clear, you can absolutely do a waterblocked build in the h510, just youtube some examples. But if your going to spend the $$ on all the other gear... $100 on a case would be a significant upgrade in cooling capacity.

Love those ftw3 btw, good stuff

EDIT: UPDATED 12:11a EST 6/27/22

What others have said about the case.

The problem is this case has a side-draft intake that does nothing for a front-mounted radiator because the radiator is blocking the air intake. (more below)

image.png.11d1964c7e565e8e733741fe3c576460.png

I seem to remember someone doing a liquid loop in one of these H510s and couldn't figure out why it was overheating. If you're really into the look, NZXT does make a FLOW version of this one with a more open-faced front, if memory serves, which would maintain some of the look without sacrificing airflow.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

23 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

EDIT: UPDATED 12:11a EST 6/27/22

What others have said about the case.

The problem is this case has a side-draft intake that does nothing for a front-mounted radiator because the radiator is blocking the air intake. (more below)

image.png.11d1964c7e565e8e733741fe3c576460.png

I seem to remember someone doing a liquid loop in one of these H510s and couldn't figure out why it was overheating. If you're really into the look, NZXT does make a FLOW version of this one with a more open-faced front, if memory serves, which would maintain some of the look without sacrificing airflow.

That reminds me of a vid jayztwocents did a while back.  You can mod the h510 case to accommodate a vent for the front fans... only $17

AC Infinity Ventilation Grille, for PC Computer AV Electronic Cabinets, Also mounts Two 120mm Fans https://a.co/d/fLBSRZy

A fair and cheap option if your into diy. Here's his video https://youtu.be/8miBOwQm35Y

7 minutes ago, Squibward said:

That reminds me of a vid jayztwocents did a while back.  You can mod the h510 case to accommodate a vent for the front fans... only $17

AC Infinity Ventilation Grille, for PC Computer AV Electronic Cabinets, Also mounts Two 120mm Fans https://a.co/d/fLBSRZy

A fair and cheap option if your into diy. Here's his video https://youtu.be/8miBOwQm35Y

Neat trick, assuming it offers sufficient clearance for fans in the case in question.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Neat trick, assuming it offers sufficient clearance for fans in the case in question.

I think it will, seems like this is a pretty widely used hack for this case... atleast it was before nzxt released a better version of the h510 lol. The bigger problem will probably be that only a single 240mm rad will fit... doubt a 120 will fit with either exhaust fans.  So your limited at 120mm per component which is technically 'enough' if you subscribe to the 120 per component idea. But you'll almost get the same performance by staying air cooled in combo with this hack.   So yeah... if your gonna spend the $$ on a custom loop you'd probably want to invest in a different case.  Unless you really like your h510... it'd be a cool project for sure.  

A friend of a friend stuffed a 360, 240 and 120 rad in his 4000d airflow... every opening had a rad, it was really dumb but the novelty factor was great 

8 minutes ago, Squibward said:

A friend of a friend stuffed a 360, 240 and 120 rad in his 4000d airflow... every opening had a rad, it was really dumb but the novelty factor was great.

WTH... I have a 4000X, and I could put a 360 up front, and a 240 up top... Did the put a rad on the rear exhaust fan also? 🤣

706518382_TheyDoItBecauseTheyCan.jpg.8901fa5990778f08629d6db759d40139.jpg

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

WTH... I have a 4000X, and I could put a 360 up front, and a 240 up top... Did the put a rad on the rear exhaust fan also? 🤣

706518382_TheyDoItBecauseTheyCan.jpg.8901fa5990778f08629d6db759d40139.jpg

Yes he did lol.  If I remember right his gpu was too long to mount the pump to the front fans so he put it somewhere by the psu and drilled holes through the bottom panel to run the lines.

y'all know when you have a dremel you can fit almost anything in any case 🤣

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

full

full

box_and_tower.jpg

External Radiators FTW : r/watercooling

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links