Stuck between power supply. This is my second build and I need a bit of help.

Hello I need help picking the power supply for my overkill build. I have most of the parts already and have gotten nowhere deciding the power supply. I don’t know much about psus. thank you for any help given.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GVncMb

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KS 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($734.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Asus ROG RYUJIN II 360 71.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($441.55 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($1099.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($750.00) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($254.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($254.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (Purchased For $2110.00) 
Case: Lian Li O11D XL-X ATX Full Tower Case  ($219.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME PX 1300 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($0.00) 
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($33.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($105.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($105.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $6412.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-26 21:33 EDT-0400

Pretty much same pc specs here except for the gpu and cpu (I have a 3090 FTW3 ultra and i9 12900K). I have been using corsair hx1200w platinium for years and zero issues so far so that would be my recommendation

I feel like this isn't serious given the absurd price tag, but I'll bite.

Check out the PSU tier list. I mean, price clearly has no meaning here, so just buy whatever is at the top of the list?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

55 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

I feel like this isn't serious given the absurd price tag, but I'll bite.

Check out the PSU tier list. I mean, price clearly has no meaning here, so just buy whatever is at the top of the list?

Sorry not trolling, I'm being serious. I just really don't know much about PSUs that's all. 

Thanks for the list that might help.

BBD8853A-DCF2-43D6-B818-A55F97050832.thumb.jpeg.b50b2f1119e625e6beee2c58ea12f440.jpeg

*** Threads merged ***

No cross-posting allowed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Since it looks like you have somewhat of an Asus ROG theme, you can check out the ROG Thor 1600W. It performs well, it's super quiet, and does not have in cable capacitors. Only thing is that it lacks multi rail OCP, which is something you'd definitely want on such a high wattage PSU. Do not get any of the lower wattage variants, as those are completely different and much inferior. 

Other high end, well performing, quiet options could be the AX1600i and Dark Power Pro 12 1200/1600W. The AXi has software monitoring and is easy to find custom cables for, but the stock cables have in cable capacitors. The DPP12 does not have in cable capacitors. Both have multi rail OCP. 

You can find testing results on Cybenetics for all three. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=power-supplies

:)

14 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Since it looks like you have somewhat of an Asus ROG theme, you can check out the ROG Thor 1600W. It performs well, it's super quiet, and does not have in cable capacitors. Only thing is that it lacks multi rail OCP, which is something you'd definitely want on such a high wattage PSU. Do not get any of the lower wattage variants, as those are completely different and much inferior. 

Chances are they changed the OEM.

Its OEM in certification (KC) received on 2022/5/30 is Enhance.

https://www.safetykorea.kr/release/certDetail?certNum=XU101668-22005A&certUid=5377489

Edited by IIIIIIIIII

9 hours ago, seon123 said:

Other high end, well performing, quiet options could be the AX1600i and Dark Power Pro 12 1200/1600W. The AXi has software monitoring and is easy to find custom cables for, but the stock cables have in cable capacitors. The DPP12 does not have in cable capacitors. Both have multi rail OCP. 

You can find testing results on Cybenetics for all three. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=power-supplies

Thanks for the help I was originally looking at an Asus thor but the issue was that the screen would be completely hidden since it hides behind a wall in the case. So then would the best runner up be the AX1600i?

9 minutes ago, Nicku523 said:

Thanks for the help I was originally looking at an Asus thor but the issue was that the screen would be completely hidden since it hides behind a wall in the case. So then would the best runner up be the AX1600i?

Not sure why that would be a problem...? That just means that the PSU won't look all silly in 3 years when the OLED screen dies (notice how the OLED screen specifically is not covered, because they know there's no way it'll last anywhere close to 10 years). The AXi would probably be my first choice if maintaining an ROG theme is not a factor, unless you need the quietest possible PSU at very high loads (above ~1100W), in which case the Thor 1600W would be quieter.

:)

26 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Not sure why that would be a problem...? That just means that the PSU won't look all silly in 3 years when the OLED screen dies (notice how the OLED screen specifically is not covered, because they know there's no way it'll last anywhere close to 10 years). The AXi would probably be my first choice if maintaining an ROG theme is not a factor, unless you need the quietest possible PSU at very high loads (above ~1100W), in which case the Thor 1600W would be quieter.

Honestly it's not 100 percent necessity to keep the theme. if the axi is better. If I can find a place to buy the Thor 1600 id look into that.