Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there such a thing as a wireless usb cable?

I know the title sounds a bit ridiculous but it the best i could do to describe what im looking for.  

In my last project I had to upload code to a controller thats hidden on the ceiling, and lets just say it was not comfortable doing so I only had a 2 meters cable. So whenever i have to upload code i have to climb up a ladder with my laptop and upload the code and go back down to test. I have to do this every time i find a bug, or improve the code.

I was wondering that there should be better way of doing this. Since the controller can be communicated via usb only, i was thinking if there is such a thing as a wireless usb cable, that would connect 2 usb device without the cable. Typically the host provides power to the slave, but in the instances that i need this device the slave have its own powersupply so that is no concern for me. All i care is to be able to connect 2 usb device via wireless with both the slave and the host not being able to tell the difference if its wired or not. It must be a usb cable replacement no special software must be needed on the host and slave

Is there such a device? i would really like to buy one.

Does Bluetooth not work?

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 1 TB Adata XPG Pro | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
QN90A | Emotiva B1+, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, HD800

You could try to use controllers like the D1 Mini that feature Over-The-Air-Updates. Once you have it set up you can just upload new code over your network without a cable attached.