Interesting Food For Thought -- Has anyone seen / thought about this?

An0maly_76

Not sure if anyone else has posted this... Might as well be me... 😏

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I haven't watched it, but their tracking is one of the reasons I got an EU version of Windows; it lacks these things. Or at least it did on Windows 10. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted this... Might as well be me... 😏

Jay may well know water cooling and case customisation but when it comes to Windows he is a bit lost in the woods. If he really thinks that having a local account prevents Windows components (or any other piece of software) from using telemetry then he is sorely mistaken. Also it is hardly spying if it tells you upfront it is collecting information, bit like an elephant in your front room saying "you can't see me, I'm invisible".

As to Microsoft insisting on all consumer users of Windows requiring an MS account to install, why not? It is their software, if you don't agree then use something else.

The argument, but they are forcing me to use Windows because the apps I need to use only run on Windows is an argument that should be directed at the app developers, not Microsoft, yell at them to produce versions that will work on other operating systems.

Please add your own thoughts if you ask such for others. Makes better discussion.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Please add your own thoughts if you ask such for others. Makes better discussion.

I've been of the mind that Microsoft has been overreaching more and more as time goes by, and that they are trying to control others' property and force users into letting them be the gatekeepers, sometimes trying to force people to buy from them what they can get for free elsewhere. Unfortunately, I get quite a bit of catcalling and contradiction to the point of making factually false statements, so I reserve opinion in some cases.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I've been of the mind that Microsoft has been overreaching more and more as time goes by, and that they are trying to control others' property and force users into letting them be the gatekeepers, sometimes trying to force people to buy from them what they can get for free elsewhere. Unfortunately, I get quite a bit of catcalling and contradiction to the point of making factually false statements, so I reserve opinion in some cases.

one reason i have a windows 7 pc and 10 for gaming. i did attempt at disabling corona form my laptop and got a windows 7 power shell for it so it looks like w7. at this point everything you install takes your data... if you dont want it too then you have go out of your way to find workaround or live in the stone age and go touch grass or something... that day will come when add blocks stop and my plan is to work out...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

one reason i have a windows 7 pc and 10 for gaming. i did attempt at disabling corona form my laptop and got a windows 7 power shell for it so it looks like w7. at this point everything you install takes your data... if you dont want it too then you have to way out of your way to find workaround or live in the stone age and go touch grass or something...

Part of the reason I'm revamping an old SFF Lenovo workstation for everyday web / media use so I can take my gaming rig offline for the most part. Got hit with a browser hijacker even using Firefox, and Microsoft is relentless in pushing Edge.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

11 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Part of the reason I'm revamping an old SFF Lenovo workstation for everyday web / media use so I can take my gaming rig offline for the most part. Got hit with a browser hijacker even using Firefox, and Microsoft is relentless in pushing Edge.

i uses an dell t5500 sadly just 1 cpu and buying the socket thing cost too much maybe one day... but i have been eyeing an evga sr-2.... i have a soft spot for 1366...

i got other pcs t3500 and hpz400 witch i tried to flip for proffer but they didn't sell... i got 5 rx 470 witch i was going to put in them but instead sold them sepritly... oh well.

ya im thinking the same thing of having the gaming pc off like just need to figer out how to download the game and transfer it i guess. i no there gog but dont feel like re buying my games and they dont have all the steam games. atm working on an off line storage pc and trying to figer out the hot swap. as well as hooking a kvm to 4 pcs finding rather hard to do... 🤔 and costly with all the failed attempts. my gaming consoles i think i got that worked out and my tv pc.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

one reason i have a windows 7 pc and 10 for gaming. i did attempt at disabling corona form my laptop and got a windows 7 power shell for it so it looks like w7. at this point everything you install takes your data... if you dont want it too then you have go out of your way to find workaround or live in the stone age and go touch grass or something... that day will come when add blocks stop and my plan is to work out...

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Microsoft backported all of the data harvesting and telemetry from 10 into 7 years ago. Using 7 isn’t any safer.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 minute ago, Roswell said:

Microsoft backported all of the data harvesting and telemetry from 10 into 7 years ago. Using 7 isn’t any safer.

wounded be surprised probably why things brake over time..🤔 things seem to just lag... at times... like opting up mindcraft would have a image of gold rush menu pop up and i could not click the mindcraft start button for like 30 seconds... some how it "fixied it self" i worried that mindcraft wont work off line some day...

1 hour ago, Roswell said:

Linux, baby, Linux!

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!